Parking Money in Bluebird, Personal Expenses on a Business Card & Funding Checking Accounts...

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Answers to more readers questions including: parking money in Bluebird, using a business credit card for personal expenses & funding a bank account with a credit card. The post Parking Money in Bluebird, Personal Expenses on a Business Card & Funding Checking Accounts with a Credit Card appeared first on Miles to Memories.

Continue reading...
  2. bjhickman

bjhickman New Member

Please feel free to redirect me to a proper post for newbies, if needed. I'm having a hard time figuring out who on this site can best answer my question.

I just took an online traveling course that outlined how to use Vanilla Reload Cards and a Bluebird account to meet minimum spends. Unfortunately, the course was recorded about a month before CVS stopped allowing consumers to purchase VRCs with credit cards. I have been researching what my alternative options are, and I simply don't understand the system well enough to figure it out on my own. Their recommendation went as follows:
    *Purchase Vanilla Reload Cards at CVS with your airline rewards credit card (max purchases allowed up to $500/card, max 2 cards/day, max $5000/month)
    *Transfer funds to Bluebird account
    *Transfer funds from BB back into personal checking account to repay credit card.

Now that I can't buy VRCs with a credit card, what should I do instead?

And can you also explain the 5x points thing at office supply stores? I'm confused by that.

Thank you so much in advance.