Parking at the Marriott Airport hotel

Discussion in 'Seattle | April 25-27, 2014' started by joeymello, Apr 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. joeymello

joeymello Active Member

Status Points:
    From the website it says that parking is $23 daily. Does anyone know whether there are cheaper parking garages within walking distance to the FTU venue? Thx!

2. calwatch
    Original Member

calwatch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tukwila station has free parking. Ride the light rail one stop to the airport and walk the quarter mile or so.

3. futileohm

futileohm Active Member

Status Points:
    I've been digging into this as well, as a local who's planning on parking for the conference all three days. From what I read on Yelp, they do subsidize the parking for conference attendees at the hotel, although it sounds like the parking is gated by room key so I'm not positive how that works. There's also a Park-n-Fly off-airport parking across the street for $11/day ($10 with a printable coupon), although I believe they add at least $5 of taxes and fees onto that which may not make it worth the effort if you're going in and out every day like I am.

Still hoping someone who knows the actual hotel parking scoop will chime in with more info on how that works, otherwise I'm planning to ask tonight when I arrive and go from there.

4. path

path Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just phoned the hotel - parking is offered at a reduced rate for conference attendees - of $14 per day.
    PS - this has no 'in out' privs - meaning if you duck out at noon - you be paying that again.

5. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    Park-and-ride a stop away is the easy safe choice. Presumably can also try going for street parking a few blocks east of hotel, but no idea how friendly that might be.

Just about any airport parking will charge you the full day rate after a few hours. At best case that's 10+/day, and another 4-5 in taxes.

calwatch likes this.
  6. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd check if this is inclusive of taxes. If it's exclusive you can find cheaper parking nearby.

7. mlqm

mlqm Active Member

Status Points:
    Carpool anyone? I live up Greenwood way.

8. Sasa
    Original Member

Sasa Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is free street parking available 1-2 blocks North of the hotel in a residential neighborhood. Looks a bit sketchy (think cars up on blocks), though I don't know if there are any real concerns parking there. Look for spaces around 33rd Ave S and 175th St.

9. joeymello

joeymello Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you everyone! I ended up just parking at the Clarion hotel where it was $9/day and has in/out privileges. It was only a 2-3 min walk from the Marriott. I was going to park at the Marriott but the lack of in/out privileges sucked. I looked into street parking but most were taken.