Parker announces next merger target.

Discussion in 'Off Topic/Social' started by LarryInNYC, Apr 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    The US Airways merger with American Airlines has not yet been finalized but US Airways CEO Doug Parker has already announced his next takeover target.

At a hastily called press conference this morning Parker said "I'm pleased to announce that US Airways will today launch an unsolicited bid to acquire the United States Air Force." Parker's announcement was apparently triggered by the impending release internal US Airways documents by the shadowy hacker group Anonymous.

Parker, who began his career manufacturing toy planes at Tonka Toys, is known for aggressive growth through mergers and acquisitions. In a press release issued before the news conference, he laid out his strategy for merging the two carriers:

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did he discuss Lifetime Status? I'm most interested to know whether my own membership in 1967-1971 will provide better benefits than I currently have. IIRC, benefit accumulation then depended in part on the equipment flown. My own, limited mostly to models B-52, C-47, C-130, C-141 and delightful winter ops in the C-21 (my favorite one to fly actually, but pity the passengers) have not yet earned me any useful transferrable miles.

I hope that Mr. Parker will reinstate those miles with appropriate inflation and risk adjustment. This is the best announcement of the day for me.

LarryInNYC and sobore like this.
  3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, Mr. Parker spoke about a new program to reduce liabilities in their Lifetime Status program by significantly shortening the lifetime of program members.

sobore and jbcarioca like this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, that makes sense.

LarryInNYC and sobore like this.