Park Street Hotel Colombo

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by TRAVELSIG, Jan 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently stayed at the Park Street Hotel Colombo which is a newish boutique property located in the centre of the city on Park Street.

The hotel has only 11 rooms and 2 suites and is very private with a wonderful little swimming pool, a great restored main building (former governor/plantation owner mansion) and warehouse style rooms in the former stables area which would not be out of place in New York, Tokyo, or Islington.

The warehouse (loft) style rooms are where I chose to stay and it was great- very large room (really a junior suite) with a gigantic bathroom, great shower, and large closet/dressing area. The ceilings are 3 m high and the finish is very modern. The room is completed with all you would expect in a five star hotel including a very nice seating area with two couches, HDTV (Sony Bravia), excellent King Size bed, table and chairs in a sitting area, and a dressing room which leads into the bathroom.

Wifi is very fast and is free and the air conditioning system also is very quiet and works very well (important in Colombo).

Service was excellent and attentive yet not intrusive. The bartender also made excellent cocktails and there are choices of sitting in the small bar area, outdoors, or in the lobby area which are all nice. I would mention that the swimming pool and seating area around it is a highlight of this hotel. The gym is small yet workable and there is also a small meeting room near to the swimming pool which is bookable and useful for meetings.

Breakfast was the best I had in Sri Lanka and also service was excellent.

The location is quite handy- for reference the hotel is two blocks (walking distance) from the Hilton Colombo Residences and is located close to the major throughways of the city yet is in a quiet district.

Do pop next door as well to the Park Street mews which has a restaurant/bar which looks as if it was transplanted directly out of Silicon Valley and has free very fast wifi and excellent food.

I have stayed in a few properties in Colombo- and if boutique is what you are after with luxury this is one of the best bets in the city at the moment (the other being the Tintagel).

uggboy likes this.
  2. LuizzeOliveira

LuizzeOliveira Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Park Street Hotel has a beautiful location with impressive physical structure and hotel interior. I am sure here, people can get everything what they want for luxury living. Hotel's staff is helpful and friendly.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed.

uggboy likes this.