Park Plaza Bloomington MN (near S burb of Minneapolis)

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Sweet Willie, Jul 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I checked into the sole Park Plaza property this past weekend to take advantage of the promo bonus points.

Located 1/4 mile from intersection of 494 & France, the hotel is easy off/on to 494. Property has free parking, TONS of spaces, if front is full, go to the back.

Property is a bit dated but I thought fresh enough, for instance carpets were not pristine but no stale smell nor stains.

While I was not recognized as a Gold member, I was upgraded to a small suite type room (like an Embassy Suites room) with a living room in the front of my room, hallway to rear bedroom, w/bathroom in the middle.
    I've read that the room type I was in also contains a pull out couch, so if one is traveling with children, this property might work quite well for a family.

Beds/linens were clean & comfortable. Bed was good & I slept like a rock but bed was not as plush as a heavenly bed or an upscale chain bed.

There was a small fridge in the room w/a few cookies & grapes. Also a microwave.

Old style Tube TVs but never watched anything as I was in the room for such a short time.

There is an indoor pool, good sized. A business center w/2 PCs & a printer, free to use.

They do have a shuttle to the airport as I overheard a guest talking with a shuttle driver about the trip but I have no idea how frequently it runs or if there is a cost (I assume not).

Bottom line is if I can get the property for a good price, I'd stay again.

Park Plaza Bloomington
    4460 West 78th Street Circle, Bloomington, MN 55435
    (952) 831-3131
    5 miles from Mall of America, complimentary shuttle service

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    forgot to add: if anyone is looking for a 'trendy' upscale area to dine, drive north on France for a couple miles, in the 5030 area of north France (which at that point is only a 2 lane street), there are plenty of cafés and outdoor dining places. quite happening on a Saturday night.

In this area, there was a dinner meetup at this restaurant www.salutbaramericain.com and I think most were quite pleased with their meals.

3. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm here tonight and the property is in desperate need of a remodel. I was recognized as a gold member, got the same upgrade as SW above and recieved grapes, an apple and some really, really good cookies.:)

I love the lobby fireplace bar, it could really be a wonderful, relaxing place if updated. It's very worn out. So much potential here and was nice to relax with a glass of wine. Food was pretty decent at the bar.

My room has peeling wall paper, smells a bit .....well, not sure. Not fresh and clean for sure. The sofa in the suite has been written on - has a big F drawn on the fabric. The bed looks comfy and immaculate. The bathroom has a light pink wallpaper with some type of medallions. AC unit does not control the temperature. I finally had to turn off the fan to reduce the noise level.

All staff I've talked to have been really nice and friendly. Would be great if they had an awesome hard product to work with.

Sweet Willie and IDGflygirl like this.