Park Inn, Vancouver, B.C., Canada - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by flyingdawg, Aug 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to preface my comments on this property by saying I had never stayed at a Park Inn previously. I also have no idea of the target market for the Park Inn flag or the overall brand identity.

The Park Inn, Vancouver is located on Broadway in downtown (but across the river) from the main business district. Parking is available in their parking deck for $12.50 nightly. Metered street parking is available to a limited extent on side streets adjacent the property. Metered street parking is free from 10:00pm to 6:00am. Being in an urban location there are many resturants and shops within a short walk.

My check-in was quick and I was upgraded to a jr. suite on the fourth floor overlooking the city. I was given a welcome letter from the GM and calculator as a welcome gift. The lobby is pretty small and one elevator services the entire building which can make the wait a bit long at times.

My suite was acutally one very large room with a full kitchen and a standard size bath. Despite the building being fairly old looking from the exterior, it appears the rooms were recently remodeled (most likely in advance of the winter olympics last year). A very small balcony offered a beautiful perch overlooking downtown Vancouver. Two free bottles of water were provided in the fridge and the kitchen was fully stocked with plates, flatware, ect. Bathroom amenities were not very good, but there was a rubber duck I could take home to my youngest girl. They were on par with or slightly lower quality amenities than you would find in a Country Inn. Wi-fi signal was good.

My rate for 1 night was $139.00 CD (CAA) plus parking. No pool and no free breakfast made me feel as though I paid a premium rate. I still am not sure what the target market is for the Park Inn brand. The feel of this specific property was a slight notch below a Country Inn.

Rating:
    2.5 dawgs

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the extensive review, have also never stayed at a Park Inn! I would say it is somewhere between Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard by Marriott!;)

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Park Inn is also only a 5 min. drive or cab ride from Granville Island (similar to The Public Market - Seattle).