Park Inn Houston - no rubber duck!

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Maximizer, Jun 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife (Silver) had the rubber duck in her room, but my room (no status) had no duck! This omission certainly merits only 4 stars in my book.

Other than that, the hotel seemed alright. Good sized room, fairly big fridge (important for us when traveling with kids). But no duck! what a travesty!

2. jkchan83

jkchan83 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey Maximizer!

Sorry to report: no status for me, but we got a duck!

The fridge was surprisingly big (and equally loud). I was a little surprised to see the microwave. We ended up staying the night after getting some dinner nearby, despite the rowdy wedding party down the hall. Overall, it was a good mattress run.

flyingdawg, aptraveler and Maximizer like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    the hotel must not be all it is quacked up to be

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a duck as well - should have passed it on to you!

marcwint55, aptraveler and Maximizer like this.
  5. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd gladly trade handwritten hotel signs, a non-functioning sleep number bed, moody hotel staff, and bed bug fecal matter stains at another Park Inn for a clean Park Inn room lacking a rubber duck. :)

6. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    We have plenty of rubber ducks, I was simply pointing out that the service level is clearly spotty at this hotel ;) Since we only spent about 5 minutes in two rooms combined, and I forgot to remove my sunglasses, the inconsistency in duck replenishment was about the only negative I managed to notice :cool:

mommypoints likes this.