Park Inn (Club Carlson Hotel) - Schaumburg IL (NW burb of Chicago)

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Sweet Willie, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

First off, sorry to say, I had photos of the room, bed, work area, pool, restaurant but learned a very valuable lesson, DON'T DELETE PHOTOS UNTIL I'M SURE THEY HAVE BEEN UPLOADED FROM MY PHONE:oops: Oh well, I'll provide a verbal description.

This Park Inn used to be a Radisson some years ago. The Park Inn is located on Algonquin Rd which has an easy off/on exit from I-53. The intersection of Algonquin & 53 is just north of I-90, so the hotel is easy to get to.

The lobby is meh, so are the hallways. I therefore expected my room to be meh as well. Pleasantly surprised as the room was fresh smelling, linens clean & comfortable.

The bathroom is very small & spartan, no luxury here.

There is a nice pool area that backs up to a man made lake (small), pool is only open from Memorial Day through Labor Day (C'mon our summers are not that short in Chicago!!)

I decided to go to the hotel restaurant (Ming's Chinese) for dinner. Again I'm not sure why but was expecting the worse. Turns out my waitress was very nice (a woman from Seoul w/Chinese family), the egg drop soup was some of the best I've had & the Kung Pao chicken actually had real chilies in it:eek: While I've certainly had better kung pao, my dinner was certainly satisfactory. Just don't go expecting anything other than Westernized Chinese food.

There are three restaurants in the nearby area if looking for more 'true' ethnic eats.
    Penang Malaysian is about 2 miles away, this restaurant has to be one of my favorites in all of Chicago.
    Sakura Sushi is a couple hundred yards walk from the Park Inn, very good/fresh sushi
    Greek Village Taverna is about 4 miles away and serves very good Greek
    Of course there are plenty of fast food outlets around as well.

Also if need, in the nearby strip mall (to the East of the Park Inn) is a dry cleaner I've been using for 15+ years. Pete is a great guy & offers same day service & light tailoring (not fine) if needed, the name of his shop is Meadow Dry Cleaners

I know the area well, having worked in the area for many years, so if there are any questions about the surrounding area, just ask.
  2. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Did you do the stay for the Park Inn 15k bonus points?
    flyingdawg likes this.