Park Hyatt Vienna Plans Announced - Opening 2013

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Kaanapali, Aug 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    HYATT UNVEILS PLANS FOR PARK HYATT VIENNA
    143-ROOM HOTEL TO BE LOCATED IN WORLD-RENOWNED INNERE STADT DISTRICT

First Hyatt-Branded Property in Austria and 14th Park Hyatt Under Development Worldwide

CHICAGO (August 4, 2011)Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate signed an agreement with SIGNA Holding Group to manage Park Hyatt Vienna, which will be located in the city’s renowned Innere Stadt, orFirst District. Slated to open in 2013, Park Hyatt Vienna is being created within an historic building, bringing the legendary Park Hyatt luxury brand to a premier location in one of Europe’s key business and cultural destinations. One of fourteen Park Hyatt hotels under development worldwide, Park Hyatt Vienna, upon opening, will become the seventh Park Hyatt hotel in Europe and the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Austria.

“Park Hyatt Vienna’s prime location in a world class city exemplifies one of the hallmarks of the 26 Park Hyatt hotels worldwide,” said Stephen Haggerty, global head of real estate and development for Hyatt Hotels Corporation, “and being located in an historic building will add to the unique character of the hotel, another defining element of the Park Hyatt brand. The Park Hyatt Vienna project demonstrates the diversity and versatility of our efforts to enhance guest loyalty by expanding the presence of all Hyatt-branded hotels around the world in destinations like Vienna where our guests are travelling.”

Park Hyatt Vienna will feature 143 rooms, including 35 suites. In addition to an all-day dining restaurant, lobby and cigar lounges, and a hotel bar, the hotel will include a premier meeting facility with 640m2 of conference space, a fitness center, and a spa. The world-class luxury hotel, which will reflect the intimate and understated elegance of the Park Hyatt brand, is being designed by architects Neumann & Partners and interior design firm FG Stijl.
    “Park Hyatt Vienna will add one of the continent’s greatest cities to the footprint of Hyatt-branded hotels in Europe,” said Gebhard Rainer, managing director, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa, and Middle East, “and will be a marvelous addition to the Park Hyatt brand. We look forward to welcoming guests to the Austrian capital and one of Europe’s greatest political, economic and cultural centers.”

Situated on Am Hof, one of Vienna’s largest squares within the First District, which was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2001, Park Hyatt Vienna will be located in the heart of the most exclusive shopping district in Vienna and within walking distance of the city’s famous Opera House and other important sights, historic monuments, and museums. The United Nations Office at Vienna and other important political buildings are also located within a short distance of the hotel.

Currently, discerning global travelers look to Park Hyatt for luxurious, elegant accommodation and personalized, attentive service in 26 locations, including Baku, Beaver Creek, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Canberra, Carlsbad, Chicago, Dubai, Goa, Hamburg, Istanbul, Jeddah, Melbourne, Mendoza, Milan, Moscow, Paris, Saigon, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington, D.C., and Zurich. Thirteen previously-announced Park Hyatt hotels are under development in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Além-Tejo, Portugal; St. Georges, Bermuda; Changbaishan, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, and Sanya Sunny Bay, China; Chennai, Hyderabad, and Mumbai, India; Marrakech, Morocco; and New York, United States.

Four of these new properties are slated to open in the latter half of 2011 and, once open, will increase the number of Park Hyatt properties to 30, representing a 50% increase in the brand’s presence worldwide in the past three years.
    Full press release: http://www.hyattpressroom.com/hyatt...-In-World-Renowned-Innere-Stadt-District.html

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very nice. Vienna is on my list of places to visit in the next few years, so this could be very convenient if it indeed opens as planned.

Horse, uggboy, Kaanapali and 2 others like this.
  3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ooh it's also on our list for sometime in the future.

Seems that Hyatt is really charging ahead with expansion plans lately. I see from their press that they have Portugal PH on the boil so that would tie in nicely for anyone doing the grand European vacation.

4. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I expected this to be announced, but glad that is official now. Now if Hyatt could get the GH Frankfurt opened and a PH in Munich developed. I would be one very happy customer.

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    A great city indeed, on earlier visits we have stayed at the Renaissance and Marriott Hotels, a Park Hyatt would be a great enhancement of Vienna's already fine accomodations list!:)

I really wonder what will be made out of the ready to go former Shangri-La Vienna, which is fully restored, but the hotel company pulled out in the last moment!:confused:

Kaanapali and Horse like this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    35 suites among 143 rooms is an interesting ratio. It seems like a surprising decision to me for most cities, including Vienna.

7. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Loved Vienna when I was there about 4 years ago...beautiful city!

Kaanapali likes this.
  8. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I stayed at the IC Vienna on a Pointbreak a few years back (best value of any hotel stay...ever) and enjoyed it immensely. I wolud definitely go back to Vienna.

9. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perfect. I plan on going to vienna in 2014!

10. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    OPEC is literally around the corner : ) This will be a great hotel I think.

11. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points: