Park Hyatt Toronto for ~$160 (BRG)

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Quasiconvexity, May 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those interested in staying here, I found a number of dates in June (on expedia and hotels.com) with a rate of $187 which can be used as the BRG rate (comparable rate on Hyatt.com is around $265). Have to be in Toronto on a weekend in mid-June and managed to get the rate down to ~$160 overall after the 20% discount. While the hotel is not up to Park Hyatt standards, I think this is a great rate nevertheless. Thought I would pass on the info in case anyone else is looking to book.

Couldnt find a master review thread for this property so decided to start a new thread instead.

traveler and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent rate achieved, we have never stayed in this Park Hyatt property so far, but why do you think it is not up to usual Park Hyatt standards?:confused:

3. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The last time we stayed there, we thought the property looked a little worn and the service was not quite up to Park Hyatt standards (e.g., not being addressed by name consistently). Dont get me wrong - I think it is a fine property and a great value for this price but I have found other Park Hyatts to be superior.

traveler and uggboy like this.
  4. choth21

choth21 Active Member

Status Points:
    so gold passport honored the BRG? I've tried to use a rate from expedia.com & hotels.com before, but was denied the claim because Hyatt stated that expedia & hotels.com rates were considered "package" rates because their rates include taxes (an argument, which I find highly specious.)

5. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, GP honored the rate without any hassles (I was a bit surprised as well).

traveler likes this.