Park Hyatt Sydney

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by BATravler, Sep 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BATravler

BATravler Active Member

Status Points:
    I was told by the Hyatt Gold Passport customer service agent that 2 free nights from the Hyatt Visa card are not available for Park Hyatt Sydney. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance.

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you ask for a particular day, or just in general. There may have been a communication gap.

Readytogo likes this.
  3. BATravler

BATravler Active Member

Status Points:
    I asked for days around new year, 12/28/12 to 12/30, which I see room availability after logged in as a platinum member. However, in general I should able to use 2 free nights at Hyatt Sydney?

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are heavily promoted as being good at any Hyatt in the world, and I have never seen anything to suggest that this was not the case.

When you say you see "room availability" do you mean that the hotel is not sold out, that you can see rooms that you can book with points, or something else? The CC nights (and reward nights in general) are only available for certain room types which may be sold out. I would anticipate that those might be rather high demand days.

I see only Deluxe rooms available. These are not the room type that the free nights will work for. I don't have the points in my Hyatt account to verify, but I believe the room types City Harbor Twin and CIty Harbor King (and possibly the Opera equivalents, but I would not count on that) are what you would need to see available to use the free nights.

Readytogo, sobore and RichardInSF like this.
  5. BATravler

BATravler Active Member

Status Points:
    I see, thanks. I see room availability for city harbor king in early January. I just want to confirm that the 2 nights are available for park Hyatt Sydney before applying for the chase Hyatt card.

mattsteg likes this.
  6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could call and ask for those dates, or even better ask what room classes the nights could be used for to confirm.

7. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    General $ availability is different from award availability. I believe award nights on points are pulled from the same inventory as Chase CC nights.

Checking on hyatt.com under "Redeem Gold Passport Points," there is award inventory on 12/29, but NOT 12/28,12/30, and 12/31, but 1/1 and 1/3 is avail.

Readytogo likes this.
  8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe availability is the same as for $$, except for periods of exceptional demand and maybe 1-2 other outliers, but is only for the basic/standard room type.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/membership.jsp

9. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope you can get those dates using award dates, but in my experience, award availability has been variable.

10. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Standard is the key. Mostly the lower category rooms are considered standard in any program. You need to figure our which one is considered standard in the particular hotel - it is not if they have any room available.

11. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is difficult to find award nights at any hotel in Sydney for NYE. I was able to get 2 nights at the Marriott a few years ago using the rulebuster that was then-available. But curious to hear if anyone else has been able to score free nights here on NYE as Mrs. B would like to stay here...

12. bartla

bartla Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at the Park Hyatt Sydney on a Saturday in January '13 using an 'Inspire' Hyatt Certificate.
    As Diamond member, I was upgraded to an Opera King room.
    Looks like you need an 'Ultimate' cert now to book a night at PH Sydney.
    More info and pictures on my blog http://travel.bart.la/2013/03/17/park-hyatt-sydney/ Thanks!