Park Hyatt New York

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by huevosman, Apr 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. huevosman

huevosman Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know anything about this property and when it will be available to book rooms? Interested in using 2 free Hyatt nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uggboy likes this.
  2. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    TRAVELSIG and uggboy like this.
  3. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just reserved for this weekend

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Really? Looking forward to a trip report at this highly anticipated new property. I didn't think the building was even finished yet?

5. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    Disregard. Wrong hotel:D

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  6. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the NY PH in that tower near 57th St where they had the crane accident? If so, I think that project is currently mothballed.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is the building AFAIK (not quite sure) however I do not think the project is mothballed.

8. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe mothballed isn't quite the word, but last time I was in NY there was no crane on top of the building and the top is not finished. I thought it was more or less shut down until the investigation was completed, and I imagine they won't get permission to install a new crane until they know what caused the last one to fail.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  9. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    The building is called One57, since it's 157 W 57th St, lots of info on it out there which you can search for, including on wackypedia. PH was just one tenant in the mixed use building. Some pretty crazy apartments on the upper floors of the building. check them out.

The crane collapse was during Sandy. They were supposed to hoist a new crane up next week or so, (I read May 10 - 11 somewhere) but there are certainly law suits going on because they require surrounding buildings (businesses and apartment buildings) to be evacuated during the lift.

The building will be completed, it's too far along to stop it now, too much money involved, but who knows when. Obviously we hope sooner rather than later, at least from the perspective of getting a PHNY.

-David

10. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear Milepoint Members,

Due to circumstances beyond the hotel's control, Park Hyatt New York will no longer be able to open in July as originally planned. Park Hyatt New York shares the disappointment with guests who were planning on visiting in July and appreciates your support and understanding. Our team looks forward to welcoming our first guests later this summer.