Park Hyatt Milan

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by pokerhammy, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. pokerhammy
    Original Member

pokerhammy Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Mister booked his Hyatt card free nights as a Platinum. Received upgrade for our anniversary celebration. The hotel has the most ideal location in the heart of Milan - just steps away from the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the Teatro Alla Scala, the Duomo, and fabulous shopping. We were impressed by the elegant and chic decor. Service was great, most of the staff were efficient and professional, except for the buffet lunch servers who were without a smile and seemed hurried. Weekday buffet lunch was good and very popular among the locals dressed in business attire, best to make a reservation the day before. Were told that because there's no pool, the spa was open 24 hours. The suite was pretty big and inviting, with an enormous bathroom. As GP member we received complimentary coffee service. And if there's any place to get that, this is it - for some reason the coffee in Italy just tasted so much better! :)

Our stay was a very memorable one - great for the wonderful hospitality, bad because the bed was too hard for my liking and I didn't sleep much. (I should've checked with the concierge for a mattress topper.) Really liked this hotel and would love to visit again if the bed condition can be improved. :cool:

IMG_6338.JPG IMG_6310.JPG IMG_6323.JPG IMG_6313.JPG IMG_6315.JPG
    IMG_6512.JPG
    IMG_6539.JPG IMG_6517.JPG IMG_6520.JPG IMG_6521.JPG

2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only had one stay at this hotel but it was a great one. The concierges here are phenomenally good, they go far and above the call of duty. I would love to have a reason to come back again!

uggboy likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed here a few times- this is a very good hotel. I still like the Four Seasons more, but not by much. The service in the lobby bar is absolutely top notch here.

4. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    looking forward to a stay here, although diamond status is expiring the end of FEB, I hope to be able to get a match or challenge when I get closer to the date FYI I was unsuccessful booking an award night in this hotel for a while until I realized there was a minimum stay requirement in place at which point I booked 2 nights and canceled one.

5. cooperdog

cooperdog Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have 3 nights booked here in May, and I'm quite anxious to see the hotel. I had a question for a concierge this morning and received a reply within the hour. Great service!

6. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I might check out this hotel during my march MXP trip thanks to CO

7. Hmac
    Original Member

Hmac Silver Member

Status Points:

8. theskyflyer
    Original Member

theskyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the same exact room layout as pokerhammy's pictures. They bring back wonderful memories. I am also quite fond of Laura Tonnato's toiletries. Imagine my surprise when I went to the gym and saw all tiny bottles for grabs! [​IMG]

9. peter42
    Original Member

peter42 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is definately one of the best hotels Hyatt posseses! We had a room with a small balcony - really nice!

10. Top quality of this property: the location! Second in line: the extremely slick bathroom and shower. I personally found the noise from the surrounding roads a minor annoyance, but then again, maybe it was the corner room we were in...

11. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a great stay here too but our room seemed like it was the smallest in the hotel. We arrived a bit early and rather than have us wait, we were given what looked like an au pair's room. The only reference I can make is to the Skyline suite at the Loews Philly. Off the main suit there was an additional full room with it's own everything but just smaller than the rest. The room was only for sleeping so it was no big deal since everything else was great. The service was everything one could ask for, from the breakfast "you're a Diamond, you can have whatever you want," to the concierge trying to find us Last Supper tickets that were seemingly unavailable (all via email exchanges that were answered faster than could be expected). Note: buy early if you want a chance to see Da Vinci's masterpiece.

Cooper and Mundo - before you go, email the concierge and ask for tickets to La Scala. The PH has - at least had - a box and we got free seats to a fantastic performance. it was one of the highlights of our Milan trip.

Cheers

flyingdawg likes this.
  12. elitetraveler1A

elitetraveler1A Silver Member

Status Points:
    At the Virtuoso Travel Mart in August 2010, they announced the "Best of the Best" hotel awards. Among other category winners, Claudio Ceccherelli, the GM at the Park Hyatt Milano, won Hotelier of the Year. For anyone who has met/dealt with Claudio, he is one of the best GMs and really took care of my wife and I, before, during, and after our trip. Ever since my interactions with him two years ago, I always said GMs should strive to replicate his approach. Needless to say, I was extremely happy when I heard he won. And the PH Milano is a great property as well. Having finally experienced Amanresorts hospitality at Amankila/Jiwo, I can say he is of the same caliber as Tracy and Sean at Amankila and Amanjiwo, respectively. Love the Park Hyatt Milano and their staff.

Rlpro likes this.
  13. jarusoba
    Original Member

jarusoba Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking forward to my stay there in May.

Should I use my precious suite upgrade in this property? Is the suite just a tad larger than the regular room?

14. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Incredible photos, review and details about this stunning property in Milan! Thanks for sharing, look forward to stay at this property and will use some points here for 2 nights! Again, thanks for the review!:)

15. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    And an excellent choice of a hotel to use points at! Not only is it beautiful with impeccable service and a perfect location for Milano, it is usually quite expensive (~800 EUR/1200 USD for a double room per night)- so you have selected very well. Be sure not to spend all the "savings" on Via della Spiga (it is very easy to do). If you get sick of Italian food (difficult but can happen), and don't want to spend a fortune on Japanese, there is a very nice tiny sushi bar at Piazza Cavour (10 minutes walk) called PARCO sushi- they have a weekday lunch bento box special for 15 EURO which is delicious.

It is also worth swinging by the Four Seasons (just up the road also) for a dessert if you have a sweet tooth- their desserts are divine!

The deck (top floor) by the way at La rinascente (just on the other side of the Galleria) http://www.rinascente.it/foodandrestaurants/ is a food court, and an absolutely gorgeous place to grab an Espresso overlooking the Duomo (great place for photos).

Finally, if you are a nightlife person- see if there is anything fun going on at the Armani Prive (5 minute walk up the street)- it is very hit and miss, but can be quite fun on an "on" night (make sure the conceirge gets you on the guest list as otherwise it can be a bit silly).

uggboy likes this.
  16. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    You know the area really well, thanks again TRAVELSIG!

Great insider infos and yes, it is for our weekend in Milan later this year, and we have had thought long and hard for which hotel we should give some points, all hard earned. The Milan property judging from the MP thread on offer and Hyatt's own website looks // sounds amazing. Great style in a great city!

.......we both love sweet things! Four Seasons sounds great! Also this is a opportunity to check out this hotel too!;)

Again, thanks for all the insider hints // infos // will take them on board! :)

17. mediator

mediator Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the photo, OP! The bed seems tiny. Is there a way to upgrade to king bed while on an award stay in PH Milan?

18. pokerhammy
    Original Member

pokerhammy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Must be the angle in the photo, but the bed was king size and fairly big, and the room was upgraded, so a regular award room would not be this spacious!

19. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
  20. elitetraveler1A

elitetraveler1A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, 38 year-old Spaniard Gorka Bergareche, who held the position of Hotel Manager at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme in the past, took over at PH Milano.

Travelsavant likes this.
  21. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!