Park Hyatt Milan, Italy [ REVIEWS : PHOTOS ]

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by uggboy, Dec 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had recently a two [ 2 ] night [ AWARD ] stay at the Park Hyatt Milan, Italy.

Here we present our impressions of this fine hotel in the heart of the city and with direct access to the world-famous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.

Arrival: We arrived at Milan Linate [ LIN ] Airport @ around 10am and after embarking and through to security we made our way out of the airport to our arranged Limousine and Driver service through the hotel. Received a warm welcome, luggage was taken and we walked to our E-Class transportation.

Very nice start. The drive was only 20 to 25 minutes to the hotel. At 11am we had been checked into our room, a Park Room with King size bed, no waiting here, despite the relative early time. Reception staff were also very friendly and informative.

Location: In the heart of the city, we had the bad luck that it has rained throughout our stay in Milan, but this was compensated by a wonderful hotel we highly recommend and instant access to the roofed in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, which offers stunning architectural highlights, cafes, restaurants and many luxury shops, from Prada via Gucci to LV.

Also within easy reach was the Duomo to one side and the Scala Operahouse to the other. So mostly no problem at all to do and explore something despite constant rain. Of Note: The hotel also provides umbrellas to take out which made life so much easier here during our stay too.

Our Room: Park Room with King size bed with windows we could partially open, a great design was a given here at such a property and we felt instantly at home and calmed after our flight and drive to the hotel. The friendly lady gave us a short tour of our room and the amenities. We had a very large bed, extremely comfortable, a lot of marble and a Bang and Olufson TV which offered international channels too.

The ceilings were extremly high, some of the highest we have ever experienced so far in any hotel, as far we remember. Our bathroom came with big bathtub, separate shower and was fully marbled too. The bath amenities were provided by Lauro Tonatto. They are a real highlight. Interesting and of note was that the closet and the safe had been combined with our bathroom. Unusual, but it worked perfectly IMHO. Received complimentary waters through turndown service.

Eat, Drink and More: we had some wonderful cuisine in the Park Hyatts Cupola Lounge which included Veal Milanese, Swordfish fillet and some most interesting smoothies with melon and ginger, presented under the Hyatt health program. Service and quality had been indeed excellent, despite the high prices charged, but then Milan is not a cheap city in the first place we found out.

We also enjoyed some pasta through room service in the evening, which was of high quality too and our breakfast consisted of French Toast, Coffee, bread selection and more was restaurant quality while also delivered to our room on both mornings. Thumbs up for the memorable experience of drinking and eating in this stunning hotel.

We recommend also Savini Gelateria, an institution in Milan [ at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II ] for their Tangerine sorbet with fresh fruits, gorgeous flower shaped Tiramisu and some most perfect cappuccino or hot chocolate.

Other Observations: The hotel offers a Spa, Fitness Center, Lounge, Restaurant, Business facilities. Internet Service was free due to our Platinum Status. The service rendered, the friendliness of all people encountered plus the fine drinks and food on offer, combined with our fantastic room and location make this hotel a real winner in our books. It compares well to the other Park Hyatts we had the good fortune to have stayed incl. Seoul, Tokyo and Hamburg. We hope of many more visits to Milan and stays at this Park Hyatt and many other locations too. Overall a 10 // 10 from both of us!

Would we recommend this hotel? YES!

Would we stay here again? YES!

Good Value for points used? YES! [ 44000 points well spent, we call it a great investment ]

Hope you like it and big thanks for the appreciation on Milepoint.

Please see also our photos taken during our stay, thank you [ More photos can be found @ our Flickr account simply press the link under each photo ]. Enjoy:

tommy777, flyingdawg, Toula and 6 others like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the detailed review and the excellent photos.

Beautiful room - surprised to see the scuff marks on the chair, though.

flyingdawg, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's polished natural wood, I suppose that can easily happen, but this was no problem for us. Thanks for your compliments!:)

flyingdawg, Kalboz and cennas like this.
  7. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your review. Might consider visiting this property while I still have Diamond status.

flyingdawg, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  8. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the detailed review and for the excellent photos uggboy! Seems like a very impressive hotel.

9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy! It's a fabulous property and it offers a fabulous location too!:) Thanks for your kind compliments!:)

10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you too, and indeed it is an outstanding property in every individual respect!:)

flyingdawg, Kalboz and cennas like this.
  11. mauld

mauld Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this property on a Free Night Award and at the time was a Hyatt Diamond. I too arrived early and was given the option of an upgrade to an inside suite--for which I'd have to wait till 3 pm to use, or to an immediately available deluxe room with a view. I chose the latter, and was glad I did. The room was beautiful and bath enormous (very similar to the pics above). My prior night was at the Westin Milan, which while nice, was a bit further away from the attractions and no where near as beautiful as the Hyatt.

flyingdawg, Toula and uggboy like this.
  12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful insights and experiences with us. The Park Hyatt is a great hotel indeed. Thanks also for the comparison to the Westin Milan, interesting to know.:)

flyingdawg likes this.
  13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    When we stayed slightly over a year earlier at the Park Hyatt Milan, we couldn't explore the city, because it was raining the whole time. We decided to have another two nights stay on points this January 2013.

[​IMG]
    [ GRAND ENTRANCE ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

^ Entrance of the hotel

As always we organized a limousine transfer from the airport. Our driver was the same as in November 2011. We recognized each other immediately. The journey was smooth in the Mercedes E-Class and took around 25 minutes from Milan Linate. The price was up from 120 Euro to 135 Euro (ca. 162 USD to 182 USD).

Check in was quick, and we were greeted as returning guests. As such we were upgraded to a Deluxe Room on the highest floor. We were told by the receptionist that there are mostly suites on the higher floors and our Deluxe Room was one of the few available on higher floors. We were accompanied to it, and on the way got a refresher regarding the dining outlets and services the hotel offered. The member of staff explained the features of the room. After that we were left alone.

The elevator system has changed. You now have to swipe your key card when entering the elevator. It only stops on the floor where your room is located.

It was clear that the room belonged to a suite and could be used as the children's bed room or the nanny quarters. It was medium sized and had a king bed, chairs, a writing desk, table and flat screen TV with national and international channels. The room was understated, but felt elegant. A lot of marble was used.

[​IMG]
    [ SPACE FOR LIFE ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

^ Beautiful bed, very comfortable

[​IMG]
    [ SPACE FOR LIFE ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

^ Marble writing desk

[​IMG]

^ Seating area, TV, coffee table

To our surprise we also had a small balcony. It offered great views over Milan. There were also two chairs and a table. We loved to go out and enjoy the mild weather and the views. The neighboring suite had also access to the balcony. On our first night nobody was staying there, so there were no concerns about privacy. On the second night it was in use.

[​IMG]

^ Balcony, furniture

The marble bathroom was large - as big as our bed room - with Laura Tonatto toiletries, a sink, separate bathroom and rainforest shower (there was also a handheld shower) and a separate room for the toilet and bidet.
    The mini bar, wardrobe and safe were also located in the bath room.

There was a slight difference between the bath room layouts we had in 2011 and this one. The entrance room's was smaller and when entering the bath tub we had to climb in front, at the Deluxe room's we were able to enter the more traditional way from the side.

Overall the room was very comfortable, especially the bed. Minor gripes were the uncomfortable back rests of the chairs and that the taps of the bath tub and shower were difficult to use, i.e. switching from the hand held shower to the other tap or when turning off the water and then on again you had suddenly too hot or cold water, because the temperature regulator moved with the tab.

Turn down was provided each night and included two bottles of still water.

During our stay we had lunch at La Cupola Lounge and in room dining. The hot chocolate, smoothies, juices, risotto, Veal Milanese, omelet and French Toast were delicious. The quality was high and the prices fair.

All staff was friendly, efficient and helpful.

Time to check out arrived too quickly. The invoice wasn't correct, but the wrongly charged item was removed without quibble. Otherwise the the check out was fast and pleasant. Our driver and limousine were already waiting for us and within minutes we were on our way to the airport.

Of course we are going to return at some stage, it's a beautiful hotel.

Would we recommend this hotel to a friend? YES!
    Would we return to this hotel? YES!

Safe travels! :)

flyingdawg likes this.
  14. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few more images from our January 2013 stay @ The Park Hyatt Milan:

[​IMG]
    [ GRAND FACADE ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

^ The Facade of the Park Hyatt Milan

[​IMG]
    [ THE BEAUTIFUL LUNCH HOUR ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

^ Our Lunch @ La Cupola

[​IMG]
    [ FIRST IMPRESSIONS ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

^ View from our 6th floor balcony

[​IMG]

^ bath tub, separate shower stall

[​IMG]
    [ LANDMARK INSPIRATION ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

^ Facade of the Park Hyatt hotel and the entrance to the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the heart of Milan

Safe travels! :)

flyingdawg likes this.
  15. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great reviews uggboy !
    I'm jealous!

uggboy likes this.
  16. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is now a 30,000 point property. Ouch.

theBOAT and uggboy like this.
  17. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Just a quick entry

I stayed at the property early this week for the first time since Gorka Bergareche (known from the PH Vendome) became the GM. It was a one night paid stay and I used a confirmed suite upgrade. I've only stayed in a standard room there, so I was excited to see what was offered.

First of all, Omaha has had an issue with my last 3 confirmed suite upgrades, when we arrived, we had two reservations, one for the junior suite, and one for the room I originally booked. Took a bit of time, but they straightened it out. Very friendly front desk staff, they confirmed that they do not upgrade Diamonds from that junior suite.

The suite is one big room, no separation between the living and sleeping area and was on the 4th floor facing the atrium, so the worst view and no balcony etc. The bathroom was huge and for those of you who have stayed here, the minibar was in the bathroom under the sink. The closet was open and in the bathroom. I personally do not like that because it gets really musty in there.

Bed was very comfortable, we were given a bottle of wine and fruit as the amenity. Water was not provided in the room, only a 10 Euro bottle of Aqua Panna was available. We did get two bottles at turn down.

We ordered room service, which was pretty blah, breakfast was comped all the way for Diamonds, you could order what you wanted, cost was 41 Euro for the buffet.

We both ordered scrambled eggs which were horrible. Overcooked, dry and no flavor. Not impressed by the breakfast.

At check out I asked if they had a separate kitchen for the Michelin restaurant located in the hotel and the answer blew me away: It was the same kitchen that made it all.

So I'd not spend hundreds of Euros eating at the hotel. The two meals we had were pretty blah. Taxi to Linate was 19 Euro and took less than 20 minutes, they wanted 200 Euros for an S class.

uggboy likes this.
  18. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am here for the first time, using P&C, also used a suite upgrade, but I elected to take a regular room since no suites were ready when I arrived at 11AM, but they found a regular room for me. Since it takes two red-eyes to get here from Hawaii, I elected for the available room.

Room is great, hotel is absolutely fabulous (see Uggboy's great review above with pictures), breakfast was great, location is in the old mall, couldn't be better. I'm by myself, so I didn't really need the suite. The bathroom is bigger than the nice sized regular room. :)

The UA BF seat ate my iphone and bent the frame and cracked the screen, so when I got here, the concierge staff figured out which Apple Store I needed to go to, made an appt there for me, arranged for a taxi to take me there (there's no Apple store in the city center here, there's 2 in the suburbs, I went to the one at Carrefour mall) wait and bring me back. Mario is the Gold Key concierge here, he and his staff do a great job. I always love it when a hotel has a concierge with the gold key insignia.

I contacted the concierge ahead of time and asked them to book me into the Walking Tour of Milan at my specified time/day, they took care of it and walked the small group of us over to the meeting point in Duomo Sq this morning.

-David

TAHKUCT and uggboy like this.
  19. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a different concierge down there this morning with the L'es Clef D'or gold key insignias. This hotel has at least 2 of them. Usually it's great if a property has one with that designation.

-David

TAHKUCT likes this.