Park Hyatt how does it compare to other luxury hotels

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by JohnBrian, May 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. I was wondering if Park Hyatt and Four Seasons or Peninsular are comparable in quality. I have joined Hyatt it was free but have no points . Is Hyatt membership good for getting rewards like how many nights would I need for PH Sydney? I was thinking Washington Chicago and New York I was not that impressed from a webpage view of the Fur Seasons in either of those!

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not Peninsular or Fur Seasons, although maybe the latter would be an appripriate name given their Canandian connections.

To me a big difference is that PH tend to have very modern rooms but everything depends one the individual hotels that you're comparing.

Sydney needs lots of points!

wrxmom and blackjack-21 like this.
  3. Thank You so its way less in quality

4. Over the Atlantic

Over the Atlantic Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't say way less in quality.

For example, at a recent stay in Chicago, I visited both the PH and its neighbor the Pen; I found the physical room quality to be the same (both are getting a little worn), and the Peninsula attention to personal detail, observed in prior stays, isn't as evident. What's more, as a diamond, you will get an upgrade to a room with a water tower/lake view at the PH, which is superior to any view you'll get at the Pen:

[​IMG]

iolaire and eponymous_coward like this.
  5. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a wise person once asked: "Is that you, Georgine, er, john.stuart, er, AdamAlex(2/3), er AdamEfimoff?"

6. I am 40 years old and I have no relationship with the person you mentioned

7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I figured the wise person didn't bother asking...

8. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    The wise person (and, honestly, the not-even-very-wise-at-all person) doesn't need to ask!

mattsteg likes this.
  9. Over the Atlantic

Over the Atlantic Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad to see the spirit of Beckett is alive and well on this board! :confused:

10. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wrong! As I'm sure you aleady know, Canada has not FUR seasons, but only TWO: Winter and July, although they do have a couple of almost similarly named hotels up in the boondocks.

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    But you just admitted that FUR season lasts for eleven months up there.

blackjack-21 and MX like this.
  12. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct finally! Yep, all the animules up here in the usually frozen northernly woods boondocks keep their furiness for a few months longer then in the swamps down southerly from here, even the fish up here grow a furrier coating of scales during the longer winter months from August to June.

13. zanadude

zanadude Member

Status Points:
    In Tokyo, I've stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Shangri-la, Ritz-Carlton, the (former) Four Seasons Chinzanso, and The Park Hyatt.

I think that the others have a much more luxurious feel overall (my order based on overall design would be Peninsula, MO, RC, Shangri-la, PHT, Chinzanso), where the Park Hyatt Tokyo really excels is in the intangibles like service. I'd compare the feel to The Raffles in Singapore; not the best place, but one that feels more important and historic.

But I've been Diamond for my Park Hyatt stays, so perhaps that colors my experience.