Park Hyatt Hamburg - REVIEW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Jan 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completed a one night stay here earlier this year and was upgraded to a Club Deluxe King. The design of the hotel is a favorite of mine, but the service there in my opinion is not up to the Park Hyatt standard. I sent an email to the hotel before my stay requesting an early check-in and to this day have not received a response.

The hotel is located in the Levantehaus directly in the center of Hamburg and about a 5 minute walk from the main train station. My room was located on the 6th floor overlooking a street. It was about 50sqm in size with a very nice bathroom with rain shower, separate tub, and heated floors. This is one of the few Park Hyatt’s that have a Lounge, which is located on the 7th floor. It was closed for breakfast, which was served in Apples Restaurant you can always choose between restaurant breakfast or eating in the lounge. The Evening Canapés were very nice and a wide variety was on offer more than you usually see at a European Hyatt.

Since I checked in early and my room was ready and it seemed like the hotel rushed to get it cleaned. There were spoons missed with the coffee cups, a nice drawing from the previous guest left on the note bad, and a very bad smell coming out of the toilet room. I reported that smell in the early afternoon and it took over 3 hours to hear back from the Front desk offering a resolution, which was to turn of the air conditioner and turn on the heated floor in bathroom or to change rooms. The first option we had already done since there was no indication that some had checked out the problem.
    In the afternoon a Welcome Card was delivered, but the Food and Beverage part was missing. A phone call to the Front Desk took care of that and a small bottle of wine and some chocolates were delivered.

The service at breakfast was the worst if have encountered in a long time. After being seated a waiter came to take our drink and egg orders. Now for sometime nothing happened and than the egg dish arrived and our coffee was still not there. It took about another 5 minutes for the coffee to arrive and no refills were offered for the coffee or orange juice. On a positive the note the buffet is probably the best of any of the German Hyatt’s and offers a large selection.

Overall, the hotel is very nice from the hard product and the staff is friendly, but the service is not what I expect of a 5 star hotel. Additional Picture can be found here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Diamond Amenity Bottle of Red Wine and Chocolates
    [​IMG]
    L Occitane Bathroom Amenities

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your great review! We had two stays here on different occasions and enjoyed the Park Hyatt and Hamburg rather much, but it is true, the service can sometimes be rushed or inconsistent eg. at one dinner at the Apples restaurant we were offered complimentary chocolates with our check and during another dinner one night later, there was only the check without any chocolates. Also we had breakfast in the lounge, which was surprisingly good in quality and quantity, was surprised that during your stay the lounge did not offer breakfast. Strangely, the lay-out of the Deluxe King Room we had during our first stay appealed us much more than the Club Junior Suite we had on our second stay. This would be a matter of personal taste of course. But overall, a great hotel, super location and high quality all around. Would recommend. We tried also the InterContinental located on the Aussenalster, we had a Junior Suite there and felt better looked after here than at the Park Hyatt. Would also try the Le Royal Meridien, Vier Jahreszeiten Fairmont and the Kempinski Atlantic in the future.:)

As a side note, my partner told me also that the spa at the Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf she experienced was better than at the Park Hyatt Hamburg eg. better results and satisfaction.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting htis review. My favorite hotel in Hamburg.

uggboy and TAHKUCT like this.