Park Hyatt Buenos Aires - REVIEW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by rajuabju, Nov 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually still have another night here at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, but just couldnt wait to write my review because our experience has been so outstanding. In fact, the PH BA is now my 2nd favorite Hyatt in the entire chain, after the GH Kauai (and thats obviously a totally different type of hotel). Our stay has been nothing short of perfect.

I used points to book a 4 night away stay here, and it has to be one of the best values ever. Rack rates are over $800/night and I think only when I checked the rates online they were in the mid $600's (US! not Argentinian). Even if I had paid cash, it is worth it.

We booked the basic Park King room... at Check-In, we were upgraded 2 levels to the Park Suite. We were given a choice of the Palace or Tower, and chose the tower (17th story... room 1702, amazing view of the garden below and we enjoyed the Tango show from here last night).

The room is superb. Truly a Park Hyatt room, with high end finishes, well kept, spacious, bright windows (they are operable which is amazing at night to enjoy). Bed is beyond comfortable. The bathroom area is huge, with separate tub shower toilet sink areas. Wife can do one thing while I do another and we're not in each others way at all. Overall I have to say its one of my favorite room layouts ever. I've been in larger rooms before, but this layout just worked so well. I cant overstate how impressed I was, and I know the hotel has even larger suites available.

The on-site staff are great. At check in was offered late 4pm check out and free internet and breakfast as a Diamond guest. I do miss not having a Club room, but its fine. The gym was good, my wife used it daily and reported it was never too busy and equipment is in good condition.

On site restaurant was great for breakfast, we didnt try anything else at night but did hear positive reviews all over. With so many choices in town just didnt seem right to stay in the hotel for food.

The stores in the underground connection between the two wings were ok. Typical hotel types stores that are overpriced but fun to look at the art. Not gonna do any shopping there, and generally we preferred walking through the garden between the two wings.

The hotel entrance is a bit odd to me. Two totally separate entries, one from the Palace side, the other from the tower side. Each with its own check in and concierge (I think), separate lobbies, etc. I can understand the reasoning for this as its a bit of a walk from one end to the other, but still not the most efficient layout. The decor of each wing is very different from the other, and its a matter of preference ... we liked both but decided to stay in the Tower (no need for a fireplace when its 85 degrees).

Hotel location is great. Convenient to a lot of the restaurants and attractions in the area (we dont mind walking), and of course for anything a bit further, taxi is just fine. Area is safe and we didnt feel uncomfortable walking around at night (taking all the usual precautions of not sticking out like turists of course).

All in all, I'm only sad our stay wasnt longer, but we're off to Mendoza soon and then continue on the rest of our trip. I give this hotel a 10 out of 10. I recommend it to anyone who plans to come to Buenos Aires or wants to see one of the best hotels in the Hyatt chain.

jean9nine, TAHKUCT, karung99 and 4 others like this.
  2. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds great! I'm going to buenos aires and Mendoza in august!! Any reviews, suggestions, etc. are truly appreciated! Enjoy!

YULtide and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the great review and insights!:) Will you be staying also at the Park Hyatt in Mendoza and report back?

katstarr likes this.
  4. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, headed there next, then also to the GH in Santiago, Chile.

My wife is already talking about wanting to come here again in the not so distant future (we havent even left yet!) lol.

uggboy and katstarr like this.
  5. rdraper

rdraper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got back from a 3 night stay that was tremendous as well. Used a Diamond guaranteed suite upgrade and was further upgraded to the Boudoir Suite in the Palace building which was very nice. In addition to the balcony, it has an interior garden area open to the sky which was perfect for room service breakfast. Service was impeccable. I took advantage of the car service from the hotel for service to/from the airport. When we got into the car, we each had a personalized gift box from the hotel which included snacks, lotion, etc. This was above and beyond the standard diamond amenity. As part of the diamond amenity we received fruit which was refreshed each day with a different fruit.

There was some confusion over whether or not room service was an option for the diamond breakfast. We asked when we checked in and we were told it was covered. The costs however were on the bill, but when I mentioned this to the manager who happened to be standing there, he immediately waved the charges.

Also took advantage of the spa to shower / change on day of arrival and departure when we did not have a room available.

jean9nine and uggboy like this.
  6. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review of the BA and Mendoza properties. We're headed to SA in the spring, and I'm considering my options. I'm not a Hyatt member, but have access to points if I convert my Chase points and/or convert my new Southwest miles to Hyatt gift cards.

I think the quote is Big Travel for small money. ;)

7. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depending on what the rates are for when you want to travel, stay on points would almost certainly be a very good use. Mendoza is only a category 2; and the PH Buenos Aires is sometimes over $700/night. I got fantastic value using my points for both.

jean9nine and dhammer53 like this.
  8. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review rajuabju. I would agree 100% that this is just an amazing property with top notch service.

I have stayed there for 4 nights as a Diamond on FHR 4th night free rate. Booked Park King for $515 per night plus 21% tax and 4th night free. Then used my Diamond suite upgrade certificate. Upon arrival received Park Executive Suite. It was very spacious in contemporary style, but extremely functional with separate bedroom, living room, small office space, full bathroom and half bathroom. The full bathroom by itself probably was about 200 sq ft with a large soaking tub, separate shower and Hansgrohe faucets. The bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept on. We felt like home inside our suite. Complimentary fresh fruits and mineral water daily even further sweetened our stay.
    We ate breakfast daily at the restaurant over viewing inside garden. We utilized the buffet and also few hot items and never were charged anything even tips.
    We also had dinner 3x at the main restaurant Duhau. The food and presentation were just amazing, that we did not feel like going anywhere else to eat.
    This property also has a great pool which does not use chlorine, but uses special ozone filtering system and is 25 meter long and 1.5 meter deep throughout.

I think I did pay a lot for my stay in BA. However, I do not regret at all paying for such a great experience and will stay there again whenever I am back in BA. It was worth every penny. I originally booked Park Tower using cash and points, but very glad that I switched when FHR offered 4th night free.

rajuabju likes this.
  9. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is our review from a 4 night award stay.

We used 72k Hyatt points and were upgraded to a suite in the modern building. The service and hotel was fantastic.

SC Flier and TAHKUCT like this.
  10. Pegasus
    Original Member

Pegasus Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is one of my favorite PHs. Like others have reported, they treat Diamonds extremely well here. Stayed here last year, can't wait to go back.

4819397753_f5a4b9195e_m.jpg 4819493469_c75a3ea3a2_m.jpg 4819495337_68af9c2f2d_m.jpg 4820021940_fb87566119_m.jpg 4820118812_fa08e79bc3_m.jpg 4820113142_28f794e296_m.jpg

jean9nine and TAHKUCT like this.
  11. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points: