Paris Recommend

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by ZCT, Oct 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. ZCT

ZCT Silver Member

I have some points to burn and will be staying in Paris France in December as part of a trip with my wife.

This is my first trip to Paris, but I'm used to traveling.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these properties?

Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
    4, Rue du Mont Thabor Paris, France 75001

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
    16 Boulevard Haussmann Paris, France 75009

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
    70 Avenue des Champs-Elysees Paris, France 75008

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
    39 Avenue de Wagram Paris, France 75 017

Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
    55-57 Avenue Raymond Poincare Paris, France 75116

I was leaning Vendome of Arc de Triomphe. Anyone stayed here?
    Kalboz likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

I believe the Paris Opera Ambassador used to be Radisson Blu... thus I would avoid if they havent done any remodeling...

Otherwise they all seem to be pretty similar maybe just base it upon location. (Closest to metro stop that's convenient) or cost
    Kalboz likes this.
  3. MJonTravel
    Original Member

MJonTravel Silver Member

I'll be at the Ren Vendome very soon. Will report back on how the stay goes.
    Kalboz likes this.
  4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

I've been to Paris many times, primarily stayed at Marriott properties. Those locations you mention are not cheap, even with point redemption.

The Champs-Elysées, in terms of location, is probably the crown jewel of those locations you mentioned. I have never stayed there because it's too expensive (no lounge, either), plus they don't have as many amenities. I have heard the rooms are rather small, even by European standard. With that hotel, you're totally paying for the location.

The Opera is a recent conversion. I think it was the Radisson, as someone else mentioned.

In general, all of the hotels are in prime locations. Personally, I'd seek out a better value for point redemption by considering less-spendy Marriott properties (Marriott Rive Gauche and Renaissance La Defense, in my opinion, are excellent values).

Bon chance.