Paris and London for Easter week - low business awards scored

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by cwebb86, Nov 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cwebb86
    Original Member

cwebb86 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Taking spouse for a surprise short jaunt to Paris for Easter and London a few days after. Just secured 2 each O class (Business) tix for MIA-LHR-CDG on April 4/5, with April 9 CDG-LHR leg and returning April 12 LHR-MIA - for 100,000 miles per ticket. Were numerous 'low' award seats in early to mid-April for this route.
    Taxes were $334.50 because of the absurd UK tax level on J tix. [​IMG]
    When I priced the segments EXACTLY as a revenue ticket, got to over $9000 per ticket; when looked at alternate routings to same destinations/dates, priced at about $5000 each. So I got 5-9 cents per mile of 'value' from these DL award tix! Satisfactory value for the miles used! [​IMG]

viguera likes this.
  2. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    It shows how awful SM is that posters are impelled to post successful redemptions of this type both here and on FT.

If we posted similarly about low level intercontinental or domestic redemptions on Star, the forum would be chock full of these threads every day, involving every carrier and every destination served by Star.
    Example. Since I comped to CO OP in spring 2009 I've redeemed forty six awards on Star using CO.COM and occasionally calling in to the OP Plat Line. All of them at published SAVER levels with no time-wasting baloney. It's routine. It's what we expect. And it drives revenue business for CO/UA. Even for US.

COUA is what Jeff S. calls "second to none." DL is what Jeff R. calls *best in class.* They are both right.