Parasites in Your Sushi: Should You Be Concerned? How to Protect Yourself

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Stefan Krasowski of Rapid Travel Chai and I used to meet for lunch at a local restaurant in the Atlanta area where you can eat as much sushi as you want from the buffet for one price. We would get in line, choose the sushi that we wanted to eat, place them on our plates, head back to the table, and discuss weblogs, miles, points and travel. I personally enjoyed the sushi and always left very satisfied. I do miss those lunch meetings... ...but then I came across this discussion on FlyerTalk pertaining to parasites found in sushi, which suggests that the problem may be more common than one might think. The Internet is fraught with stories and videos about how parasites have taken over the bodies of their hosts once ingested — such as this article with an unverified video and this article about a Chinese man whose scans purportedly revealed... The post Parasites in Your Sushi: Should You Be Concerned? How to Protect Yourself appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...