PanAm comes to Canada

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Canadi>n, Sep 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    CTV Launches Marketing Initiatives Promoting PAN AM

2011-09-14

CTV clears the runway for PAN AM's Sept. 25 take off with a series of unique marketing initiatives that transports viewers to 1963 and the dawn of the Jet Age. From the hugely-successful PAN AM Screening Lounge to stewardesses on the street and a nation-wide contest, CTV positions the series to be the hottest ticket of the season. Starring Christina Ricci, Kelli Garner, Margot Robbie and Montreal-native Karine Vanasse, PAN AM airs Sundays, beginning Sept. 25.
    Flying wasn't always about long lines and arduous security checks - to help bring back some of those memories and to celebrate PAN AM's highly anticipated debut, CTV invites Canadians to look back at this era (the height of the Jet Age) and share their flight stories from the late 1950s and 60s. Pilot, flight attendant ("stewardesses," as they were called), flight crew or passenger, CTV wants to hear firsthand from Canadians - at home and abroad - about the excitement and anticipation of those early days when flying was a hot, fun-filled adventure. By submitting their stories, entrants will qualify to win a special retro PAN AM prize pack.
    On Friday, Sept. 23, CTV is also set to position a team of PAN AM stewardesses in the Vancouver and Toronto airports, as well as street locations inVancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, just two days before take-off. Outfitted head-to-toe in PAN AM uniform, teams of 8 to 16 stewardesses will bring PAN AM cheer to the Canadians across these cities with pretzels, paper planes and tune-in details for their region.

Unfortunately will be in Shanghai on the 23rd so will miss the street event. Should be retro fun.

jbcarioca and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm surprised they haven't advertised more here and on FT...seems like we'd be their target market. I have a feeling I'm not going to watch much of it as it seems to be more of a "Mad Men-esque" show as opposed to a Pan Am show, but we'll see.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never really watched it, but what's wrong with a Mad Men-esque show? I'm looking forward to seeing what PanAm ends up like. Travel Industry related shows don't seem to last very long. Hopefully it'll be a little better and last a little longer than LAX did.

jbcarioca and Flyer1976 like this.
  4. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    i said it few months ago its coming its coming....but people brushed it off

jbcarioca and BackSlash like this.
  5. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well then feel superior for getting on board first, that's what priority boarding and the internet are for.

jbcarioca likes this.