Palazzo Royal Amb Question

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by javacodeguy, Sep 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    So after some searching, I wasn't really able to find what I was looking for.

From reading The Loyalty Traveler and The Points Guy, it sounds like Royal Ambassadors are invited to use the VIP Lounge to check in.

I was just wondering how that works out. Am I going to get a call a few days before telling me what to do? Or do I just walk in expecting everything should be set up and show my RA card?

Anyone have any experiences on what their RA check in was like?

2. OCP
    Original Member

OCP Silver Member

Status Points:
    The VIP lounge is right beside the checkin desk. You just walk into the lounge (no access card is required) and tell them you have a reservation and they will check you in. They will not call you ahead of time.

javacodeguy likes this.
  3. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As most things with the Palazzo there is a lot of misinformation. I'm going to post the same text review I left on Flyertalk here. I did in fact get a call before we arrived and was treated amazingly as an RA.

I just completed a four night stay here and really felt a decent review had to be put here. Honestly I was getting worried before we stayed at the Palazzo after so many mixed or poor reviews. I'll post a detailed review and the normal quick statement in the RA section.

I'm a Royal Ambassador.

Two days before we were set to arrive the VIP desk called me to confirm my reservation and to ask if I would be needing any assistance once we arrived in Las Vegas. I had already made all my dinner and show reservations, so this wasn't needed, but it was a great touch. I was also informed that we had been upgraded from a Luxury View to a Fortuna View suite.

When we arrived, it was excellent ot be able to use the VIP lounge to check in. There was no line and more than enough attendants so I knew even during a rush there wouldn't be a wait. We were given a quick introduction on using the VIP lounge and my RA benefits were outlined as well.

The room was clean and the view was excellent. There are reviews out there about the rooms being dirty, but those people must be terribly nit-picky. Sure there was a water stain or two on the marble and tables, but the floors were clean and the bathroom was spotless. We blew through the $100 mini bar credit, but each day it was refilled. Housekeeping was excellent giving us all the towels we could ever need and thanking me for the tip each day. I was really amazed that we were never bothered by housekeeping even though we regularly slept in until 11am and by the time we got back to get ready for dinner the room was always perfectly made up.

As an RA we had access to the VIP lounge during our entire stay. There does not seem to be any real description of this out there, but it's actually quite nice. We were able to go and use the VIP desk for any questions, reservations or issues. The nicest part was the butler or two always available in the seating area next to the VIP desk. They were always attentive and could get us any drink we wanted. For the cost of just a couple bucks tip we could sit there and drink a whole bottle of Moet & Chandon while enjoying some fresh fruit and cheeses. We never had to wait for more than a minute or two to get our drinks.

Overall the stay at The Palazzo was amazing as an RA. So far it has been our best stay since I've become an RA and if we ever go back to Las Vegas it will be on the top of our list, especially if it's still an Intercontinental Alliance Resort.