Palazzo Marzoli Resort Positano (Amalfi Coast) Italy

Discussion in 'Europe' started by TRAVELSIG, May 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    What must be one of the most photographed tourist destinations in Italy (and probably Europe) is the area surrounding Positano. In person, the beauty is even more overwhelming than the pictures (which is strange given that usually, in my experience, it is the opposite). Positano is very beautiful.

Many hotel options in Positano price at very high points- particularly if you want a room with a view. I would suggest that if you cannot find a room with a view- stay somewhere else- as a highlight of Positano is the view. A good option to the blisteringly high price points however may be Palazzo Marzoli Resort- which has a view from every room and a super friendly staff team and family management.

The pictures on the website are what you get- the hotel is immaculately clean- and the room service breakfast inclusion is a very nice touch. I will mention again the view which is wonderful.

The hotel does not have a restaurant- nearby there are many options which are walking distance- my favorite of the bunch is Next 2 which is one of the best restaurants I have dined at in Italy. Dinner for two was 115 EUR- so definitely not on the lower end of the scale and at the same time not at some of the absurd levels which can be seen in Italian tourist destinations.

I would say a weekend is a perfect amount of time- we flew to Napoli and then had a hotel driver pick us up- the drive is about 1 hour and 20 minutes depending on traffic- they charged us 180 EUR roundtrip for the transfer which is quite normal for a car and driver service to/from the airport to Portofino. I would not recommend renting a car as the roads are very small, packed with traffic, and driving in the South of Italy is not recommended unless you want to spend your holiday completing accident reports.

Hotel service was excellent, there is a small Jacuzzi and suntanning area on the first floor of the hotel terraces, and the terrace (deck) on the room was both private and excellent.

Recommended if you choose to go to Positano. FYI- the only thing I can say about Positano which is not completely positive is that the beach is quite underwhelming- I would come here for the culture and the food and go somewhere else for the beach.

Lufthansa Flyer and Kalboz like this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1

We went to Sorrento and Capri last year and it was fantastic!

TRAVELSIG likes this.