Paid flight with e-certificate applied does not post

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Seacarl, Oct 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Purchased a paid flight for my +1 using a $125 customer appreciation e-certificate. Flight booked into L class and ticket issued with balance paid by credit card. Used a SWU to upgrade it.

No MP credit appeared for the flight. When I used the automated process to request credit, I got the following

Flight 1
    Our records indicate that this flight was on a free award ticket, which is not eligible for Mileage Plus credit.

I called Mileage Plus. At first the representative gave me the exact same information, and then argued with me that when using the certificate it doesn't earn credit. Finally I was able to convince him that it was a ticketed L-fare and does earn credit, and he manually posted it. I'm not sure what caused this ticket to get categorized as an award ticket.​

JohnDeere19 and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's crazy - glad it worked out in the end!!

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never had this issue before but perhaps with all the software hanged that they are making for the merger, this thing could occur more often. Anyone else have this issue?