Packing For Two (Or Maybe 1.5)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MLW20, Aug 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    While packing for our current Southeast Asia trip, Kim and I once again had to figure out the best way to pack. I knew that I was bringing one of my backpacks, the questions was which one? Could I squeeze all of my things plus most of Lucas' into a 60 liter pack like I did for our trip to Barbados? For a 2+ week trip that wasn't going to happen.
    Our trip would be over double the time compared to Barbados. I decided to bring (give or take) the same amount of things for myself but Lucas would need a lot more clothing, toys and other supplies.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to bring my 75 liter North Face backpack. When I finished packing my things, there was a ton of space left. I figured after packing Lucas' gear I would still have some space left over. This was not happening. I ended up stuffing diapers in just about any empty space so we could buy as little as possible during the trip. You can see how I packed quite a few into the side water bottle holder in the pic below.

[​IMG]

After I was done packing Lucas had a lot of fun using my backpack as his jungle gym. I never knew that my bag could be so much fun!
    How would you pack if you were traveling with an infant?
    Originally posted to my blog HERE

Mikus33, uggboy, MiamiTed and 4 others like this.
  2. joejones
    Original Member

joejones Silver Member

Status Points:
    When we traveled to the US with a 4-month-old earlier this year, we found that our large wheeled suitcase doubled as a portable crib if we padded the bottom of it with towels. Now that the baby is over 7 months this probably won't work any more....

MLW20, Mikus33 and uggboy like this.