Pack-It Cubes Are Your New Travel Necessity

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Oct 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngiuffo/2013/09/30/pack-it-cubes-are-your-new-travel-necessity/

[​IMG]

Anyone who travels with any regularity develops a system that works for them – a way to keep clean clothes and dirty cloths separate, a way to organize what’s in their luggage that maximizes space and takes advantage of even the smallest available gaps. I had my own system down so tight that I was compelled to write about it a couple of years ago, but that was before I discovered Eagle Creek’s Pack-It “system.”

Keeping dirty clothes from clean, especially on trips that take you through multiple hotels or have you packing and re-packing with any regularity, becomes a chore. I did – and still do – carry around a new white kitchen trash liner to act as a barrier between the funk on the bottom and the fresh on the top.

Read More: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngiuffo/2013/09/30/pack-it-cubes-are-your-new-travel-necessity/

8MiHi, Mapsmith and uggboy like this.
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Packing cubes do have a really useful use. But you don't need expensive one. Samsonite makes ones that are about $5 each, and I frequently see them at thrift stores.

We have about 10 or so of different sizes that can be used for different things on different trip lengths.
    I have one that works great for a folded shirt and a pair of dress slacks. (they actually keep out wrinkles) or conversely, I can put in 6 golf shirts on one side and about a dozen pairs of underwear on the other. All in a space of 10"x12"x3".

3. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just received the Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter set and am surprised they are all so small. I'm not sure I could fit more than 2 days worth of dirty cloths into the largest bag.

Mapsmith likes this.
  4. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I purchased a set of 3 cubes and have yet to use them on a trip. I bought them because I believed they were a great idea, but just haven't figured out how to pack them and achieve the same volume of clothes, toiletries, etc, that can without them... maybe it's just me?

Mapsmith likes this.
  5. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes i also like to use this..

Mapsmith likes this.
  6. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I just don't see the point when the largest one I have looks like it would fit 2, maybe 3 tshirts..why bother cramming shirts into a small little bag when I can just cram them into my suitcase?

Mapsmith likes this.
  7. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use a large one and roll knit shirts when I travel. Can usually fit 5 or 6 in the cube. The smaller ones are great for socks ect.

Mapsmith likes this.
  8. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which brand and size do you use?

Mapsmith likes this.
  9. kmann31

kmann31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I finally just caved and bought two large sets for both my husband and I and they made staying organized during our trip so easy!

Mapsmith likes this.
  10. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which brand and size did you purchase?

Mapsmith likes this.
  11. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been using packing cubes for years. I have a double sided one, a 15 pack-it-folder and a small one for meds and small items. I have eagle creek and they are great.

Mapsmith likes this.
  12. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I mostly use the ebag cubes and I purchased one or two other small ones. The downside of the ebag cubes is you have to buy them in sets. I want one slender one but I would have to purchase three.

Mapsmith likes this.