Pacific Business Trip - General Tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Roaddoggin, Dec 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Roaddoggin

Roaddoggin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got a long trip to Asia & Australia planned this spring, with very little flexibility. I'm posting here in case anyone has any general advice.

I'm going from NYC to HKG-SIN-MEL-SYD-ADL-DEN finally back to NYC.

Aside from the initial departure and final return, my travel dates are fixed. I'm considering tacking a ski trip to Niseko, JP on the front end of the trip.

This will all be paid travel but I'm not allowed to book 1st or business. I'm a DL DM and an AA Plat (expires this spring, unless I do something about it). Any advice on which airlines to look at? Any hotel recommendations? I'm a Hilton Diamond and Marriott Platinum but have been thinking of earning SPG status, especially if I can get a match/challenge.

Thanks in advance!

2. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nothing to add from me, but you might want to mention the dates... or at least the length of the trip.

3. Roaddoggin

Roaddoggin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Much appreciated FlyingBear.

I can leave NYC anytime from 2/9-2/11, needing to start work in HKG on the 14th, and would like at least a day to get over jet lag. If I add Niseko, I'd put that trip somewhere between the 9th and 12th.

HKG-SIN would have to be 2/23 or 24. SIN-MEL needs to be 3/2 or 3. MEL-SYD 3/6, SYD-ADL 3/16 or 17, ADL-DEN 3/23, DEN-NYC open.