P2 and Emerald - residency issues....?

Discussion in 'Premium Membership' started by Gaucho, Oct 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK, so I see from the P2 master thread that the residency issues for the upgrade are "being worked on". Is there a timetable set for when those of us that do not have a US issued drivers license will be able to get the upgrade...?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just went back to master thread and read it again....

Am I reading things wrong or is there a chance that Emerald may not want to deal with us non US and Canada drivers and that MP is looking to find other rental partners to give a similar benefit for those that don't have a North American license....?

I guess Im not sure if MilePoint knows if Emerald will change its stance or if this is still in negotiations or if maybe its a dead thing and that's why they are looking at other rental car options..... maybe this is already a non issue and Im not reading the right thread..... sorry, I haven't been on the boards much lately.

I apologize as English is not my 1st language so perhaps my reading comprehension is not up to par, or Im trying to hard to read between the lines....?

Thank you for any clarification that may be provided by those in the know....

Cheers from EZE,
    Alex

3. ayeeTEA

ayeeTEA Active Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that you can apply for Emerald Club using your none US or Canadian licence by contacting the Emerald helpline number for your country of residence. They should be able to enroll you :)

Gaucho and WilliamQ like this.
  4. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you want to join Emerald Club and you are not resident in US or Canada .. goto national web site: https://www.nationalcar.com/, on the top right go to support, then select "email us". Write a mail to support and ask to join emerald club (maybe saying that it abandon Hertz or Avis :rolleyes:)... one or two day later you will receive form in pdf format.
    I have done so :)

WilliamQ and Randy Petersen like this.
  5. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can I check how long does it takes for the Emerald Club Executive status to be reflected in my account? I went through the contact me route and got the account created. I claimed the award and is hoping to get the status before my March 20th / 21st rental in Seattle.

Also, are there any membership cards for National Emerald Club or everything is online?

Thanks.

Gaucho likes this.
  6. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, for me to have the Executive state (via milepoint award) have passed 2/3 weeks.
    I received "base" card from National in 3/4 weeks (I live in Italy). At the moment I have not yet received "executive" card but I do not know if they send one.

Gaucho and WilliamQ like this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there an update on this...? I never actually followed up on this... and would be up for doing this now. Can someone confirm you will get the Emerald status even if you don't have a US or Canadian drivers license..???

Thanks very much,
    Alex

8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just saw this... thanks. So then, does this mean you would have to enroll first in the "normal" program and then call the helpline to get them to grant you the Emerald status..? If so, doesn't this assume that the telephone operator would need to know about the milepoint benefit...? Is there some sort of code that I can quote...? Sorry if Im missing something, I will confess to be very much behind with the benefits of premium membership here on milepoint.... :eek:

Thanks for your patience will my silly questions...

cheers from EZE
    Alex

9. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello. I can confirm you that it works also for "non US/Canadian". I'm Italian :)
    First: send an email to national support end ask to be registered in their program. In a few days you will receive a reply with a form to fill. Bring back filled :)
    Second: when you receive the confirmation email with your emerald club number, activate/register your account on national website
    Third: when the web account is active, request upgrade from milepoint awardstore

Gaucho, Mark and WilliamQ like this.
  10. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    From Singapore. Enrolled into Emerald Club via email and soft copy of application form from their Cust Care. Went to Award store and applied the upgrade. I also received a physical Emerald Executive card.

Gaucho and ffitalia like this.
  11. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the great feedback above. Im going to be picking up a National rental tomorrow evening at BTR. Im wondering if I should enroll now online or if I should wait and do this at the counter... thoughts..??? I know I wont get Emerald benefits for this rental, that's OK, but I wonder if I can somehoe expedite the process by enrolling now and then showing up at the counter tomorrow evening at BTR..??

Thanks.
    Alex / Gaucho

12. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im going to go ahead and try to enroll in person today when I pickup a rental car.... will see how that goes.

Will report back once I know how this works....

13. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I want able to get the form at the counter, the person that took care of me at BTR said they didn't have the forms......

I emailed Emerald though the website, its been 1 week now and no response, perhaps I need to call them..? Filling out the form online to send the email was a pain, they insisted on having a rental location in the form. If anybody found a "dedicated" link for enrollment of non US/Canada licence holders, please post it here.

Thanks

14. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
  15. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like it's more international as of yesterday. I received email from Emerald Club today about changes in terms of service. In part, it stated:

"Dear Emerald Club Member,

Thank you so much for your business. We wanted to inform you that we are making some changes to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined Emerald Club®. The reason for most of these changes, which are effective June 26, 2014, is that we are now offering our program to customers who live in select countries in Europe, Latin American and the Caribbean for rentals in the U.S. and Canada, as well as extending member benefits for rentals in Mexico. This expansion brings additional legal requirements in those countries and territories where our customers live...."