OWMD...Why isn't LAN an option?

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by zpaul, Oct 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering...registering my partner fo the OWMD we noticed that LAN does not appear on the drop-down list of airlines when you answer the "Elite Status" question. What gives? I see most of the other OW airlines there, and there ARE avid LANPASS people out here, even if LANPASS isn't avid about their people...

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    LAN has been an afterthought for FT for years, and for MP from its inception until the day FT got a forum. Not surprised.

3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm told by Randy that it's more a matter of trying to limit the number of frequent flyer programs in the drop-down to a manageable size. Apparently not too many LANPASSers have been active in previous events, or at least haven't registered their LANPASS affiliation in favor of another airline's program, so it got dropped from the options. I can understand - I rarely expect to be able to register my Icelandair Saga number when I see one of these things.

On the other hand, as it's the OWMD, I would expect that all of OW would be represented.

Overall I think that the new LAN forums here and elsewhere are doing a very good job of moving LAN closer to top-of-mind, so we should enjoy the progress made and that continues to be made! :D