Overcredited MR points

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Frequent Freak, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Frequent Freak
    Original Member

Frequent Freak Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a weekend stay at a property where I took advantage of the elite free night offer -- stayed two nights, paid for one. The points posted to my account as if I had paid for two nights, and I received stay credit for both nights. Can I expect Marriott to wise up and reverse half the points some time in the future?

My original folio didn't account for the free night, so I had to get the front desk to fix it at checkout. So far the charges have posted to my credit card correctly.

I don't feel the need to keep this secret, as the number of points involved is not huge, a couple thousand or so.

2. DonV.Smith
    Original Member

DonV.Smith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing the "right" thing to do would be to call them up, they may even let you keep the points or give a bonus - for calling out the mistake.

Alternately, wait it out and see what happens. The hotel person you were working with may have just pushed it through in that manner for the "inconvenience" of getting the night fixed at checkout.