OT: The Double Points Promo on US Airways is back!

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Robbiedeluxe, Jun 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Robbiedeluxe Silver Member

Status Points:
    HerrO and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. joemume
    Original Member

joemume Silver Member

Status Points:
    Exactly how strict are US Airways for mileredemption on partner airlines? This offer is mighty tempting if one could end up in C- or F-class on Lufthansa (although I'm aware of the LH F-class blocking on A380, which is real bummer... )... :)

3. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    that's interesting! Might not be a bad idea to make use of this offer now that the dollar is down to 5,35NOK/USD..
    And between 17-19th june you'd get about 3300 EB-points as well if purchased with EB-diners.

How much taxes would you have to pay for an award from Europe to Asia do you think?

4. Redcap
    Original Member

Redcap Silver Member

Status Points:
    hmm.....maybe i should go for it this time.

5. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually not strict at all. I've been on LX and LH in F and I know there is plenty avalability on both OZ and TG in F. If you are flexible on dates and have the opportunity to travel on short notice, you can score F on NH as well. You can check out avalability on e.g. ANA-tool or KVS-tool :)
    Be aware that IT IS NOT A GOOD DEAL TO BOOK C-CLASS TICKETS.Only F-class to North-Asia or South-Africa is a good deal. Find out how many points needed her :

http://www.usairways.com/pv_obj_cac...402184B1B0100/filename/partnerawardtravel.pdf

You can occasionally score C-class with SQ also, but be aware not on A380,77W or A345.Can be used as alternative on intra-Asian routes.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  6. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    Approx between 120 - 130 $ I would guess. I paid 714 NOK( 127 $ ) and 691NOK ( 125$ ) on my two previous trips :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  7. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    WHATTT?? Completely disagree. Especially with off-peak europe travel and DMS (dividend miles select with the CC) you can score 2x US Airways J tickets US-Europe for 110k miles. Granted, you have to be flexible, but this statement is absolutely false.

viguera and OY-JFS like this.
  8. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do you figure that one....? According to USDM Awardtravel-chart they charge you 100K for one RT Europe-US.... Besides, for 14-17K NOK , ( 2000 $ - 2500 $ ) you can buy C-class-tickets to both US and Asia, and hence score both miles/points and status. I would rather book that......but that's just my opinion.....;)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  9. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usairways.com/en-US/dividendmiles/usemiles/awardchart.html
    see off peak US-Europe then subtract 5k for being DMS.

Even so, 90k for $1330.31 will give you enough miles to do NYC-HKG(stop)-TYO(stop)-NYC all in C...not a bad deal imo.

10. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
  11. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    You have to look at partner awards.....that's what shows the miles needed for travel e.g. between Europe-N.Asia. That is what I'm talking about.....Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I meant that it's not a good deal for people living in Europe to book business award-tickets....

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  12. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's another thread on the US Airways forums discussing this... I agree, for US-based travel it's a great deal in Envoy/First. If you're already in Europe, then not so much.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  13. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    For this offer, it's First First First all the way. The difference in purchased miles is less than 200 bucks total. First travel is worth a lot more than that

14. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Though bear in mind that US-Europe in Lufthansa first is almost never something that US Airways can book anymore. Europe - Asia is a different story, but there are real problems booking LH F for transatlantic routes. And when LX shows 2 F seats, US usually shows only 1.