OT: I've launched an Avios-focussed UK travel blog

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Raffles, Jul 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to give a heads up that I am experimenting with an Avios-focussed UK miles and points blog, Head for Points. It lives at www.headforpoints.com.

(I apologise in advance for the bland title, but it is really tricky to get relevant unregistered URL's!)

What I am hoping to do is to bring together all of the current Avios promotions, as well as good deals from other airlines and hotel chains that are relevant to someone in the UK. Fundamentally the airline focus will be 80% BA, 10% Virgin Atlantic and probably 10% Miles & More (it is difficult to find much to say about Flying Blue that is positive!).

Whilst I know that the majority of Milepoint traffic is from the US, you may still find some bits of interest - although it is aimed primarily at people in the UK who collect miles and points and who are probably turned off by other blogs (mention no names ....) dominated by plugs for US credit cards :).

Please feel free to take a look when you get a couple of minutes. It is also on Facebook (www.facebook.com/headforpoints) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/headforpoints). It has been running in beta for the last month so there is already plenty of content.

There are no ads on the blog and no credit card referral links. (The card referrals don't really work in the UK because, whilst banks do pay them, the customer can get the same rebate in their hand by using a cashback website like topcashback, so using a link in a blog is costing the user money.) It is purely a public service product at the moment!

Cheers
    Rob

2. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to thank everyone who has checked into Head for Points since it launched - I hit 100,000 page views to date last week. Milepoint has been an important driver of traffic.

I know that the BA coverage on Milepoint is patchy, but hopefully MP readers based in UK or interested in Avios can keep up to date via my blog.

(There are no credit card referral links on it either ;) )