Ostroy's List of Air-Travel Don'ts

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Aug 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-ostroy/ostroys-list-of-airtravel_b_929128.html

Ostroy put together a list of common sense courtesy's that should be practiced by all air travelers, nothing about breast feeding though. :)

Having recently returned from a trip to Barcelona, and as a frequent flyer, I've had the displeasure of spending many hours in the air with strangers who are clearly in need of a little reminder about proper air-travel etiquette. These days, with long lines, invasive x-rays requiring near-nudity, constant delays, smaller, more crowded planes and the threat of terrorism, the flying experience is frustrating and challenging enough without some buffoon sitting next to me making the flight even more unpleasant.
    So to make the overall flying experience more bearable, at least for me, I hereby request that passengers follow "Ostroy's List of Air-Travel Don'ts:"

See List:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-ostroy/ostroys-list-of-airtravel_b_929128.html

uggboy, upgrade and jmrich1432 like this.
  2. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:

uggboy, upgrade and jmrich1432 like this.
  3. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think #11 might be my biggest pet peeve.... maybe it's just that I haven't been experiencing the others as much recently!

uggboy likes this.
  4. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    8a. If you're sitting in the bulkhead row in front of me, don't help yourself to the storage area under your seat. That's for me & my stuff. If you want to have your carrion with you during the flight, then plan ahead like I do & choose a non-bulkhead row. (And if, despite your best efforts, you do end up involuntarily in a bulkhead seat, then suck it up and put your bag in the overhead. That's what I do when it happens to me, because it's the considerate thing.)

jmrich1432, uggboy and sobore like this.
  5. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, bring it in an airtight sealed container, if it's not frozen or we're on a long flight.;)

sobore and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    8. If you're sitting in front of me, please don't snap your seat back at 100 miles an hour. Slow it down, pal, you're not doing crunches. A little head's up....

EXACTLY !!

jmrich1432 and HiIslands like this.