Orphaned Admirals Club Daypasses?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Menashe, Feb 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Menashe

Menashe Silver Member

Status Points:
    This may be a very basic question.

A couple of months ago, I bought two Admirals Club day passes when AA had a one-day sale ($35 instead of $50).

I had planned to use them on an upcoming trip. I have an Amex Platinum, but this trip is on Air Berlin out of JFK, figured this was a good way to get access since the Amex only would have worked on an AA itinerary. This all took place before the announcement that Amex was discontinuing access to Admirals Clubs.

In any event, I've since signed up for the Citi AA Executive card with the 100K bonus. Is there anything I can do with these apparently non-transferable passes or are they destined for the shredder?

Thanks!

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure they're completely non-transferable?

3. Menashe

Menashe Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    One thought... I don't know when they expire but if you are traveling with others in the not-too-distant future and you are friendly and go about it the right way, you might be able to go to the counter in the AC and explain to the agent there you made a mistake on the passes when buying them for your two travel companions, and you thought you had to put your own names for some reason. With any luck the agent working will take pity on your fabricated failure to follow instructions and use a computer and let all of you in. This is obviously subject to the whim of the person working, but it's worth a shot.

On the other hand if it'll make you feel better, next time you travel just use the day passes. Even though you have access another way you'll at least have USED them... right? :D

Menashe likes this.
  5. Menashe

Menashe Silver Member

Status Points:
    True. I keep thinking that I ought to use my Amex Platinum before March instead of the Citi card because, for heavens sake, it's going away! :D