Orlando-LAX flight in MIdland, TX

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Captain Oveur, Jul 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surprised nobody here or the friendly folks at FT posted about this....

I heard about this on the radio this afternoon. The story I heard was a passenger complaining about no food or blankets to accommodate the passengers. On the radio, United said they did give those items to the stranded passengers.

Story source.

2. COFreqFlyer
    Original Member

COFreqFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting that UA1742 MCO-MAF was filed as a B739/Q, but the subsequent MAF-LAX was filed as a B738/Q. Reviewing the other IFR arrivals into MAF between the MCO arrival and the LAX departure, I do not see where any aircraft were ferried into MAF to continue the segment.

Guess I'll need to talk to Troy when I get back to MAF on Friday evening. :D

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, they did say the original plane went mechanical, perhaps they just brought in a different bird and the original plane was left in Midland.

4. COFreqFlyer
    Original Member

COFreqFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, but if they brought one in, it would have showed as an IFR arrival on a ferry flight number, and there just wasn't one. Conversely, they could have very easily NRPOS'd a couple of mechanics from IAH on the morning RJ flight from IAH.

5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not to sound too snarky, but I have put United, for now, on the same list at the TSA in that each of them and logic are mutually exclusive terms.