Resolved Original Member ribbons missing

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by MSPeconomist, Feb 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What happened to the blue banners or ribbons on our avatars? This morning I noticed that an active MP Gold member didn't seem to be an Original as I was replying to his post in a thread. I clicked and saw that he had indeed joined MP on February 4 of last year. Then I noticed that my own Original designation was also missing on the same thread. Since I wanted to report this ASAP, I haven't explored the problem more or checked whether or not it seems to affect everyone on all threads, profile pages, etc.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems to be OK now, not only here but also on the thread I was using when I noticed it, titled something like "A stop at a roadside gem store" which is currently in the list of newly created threads. Maybe this was just a hiccup on MP.

3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    That was me, I removed it. We are still troubleshooting some template problems so you may see some things like this today. Thanks.

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Tim, I just saw a member hit silver, the upgrade shows in his status points as of 5 minutes ago, his avatar listing still says "active member". Shouldn't that be an instant change? Maybe there is something relating to your template tweaks that isn't updating properly.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    We'll worry more if it doesn't change and show silver after the next hour.

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's still missing 9 hours later. The banner has always changed as soon as the status changes (as appears in the status awarded page that you get by clicking on your number of points), not an hour later.

7. ByeByeDelta

ByeByeDelta Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hit silver last Friday according to my points, but the title hasn't updated from Active Member nor will the award store let me in. Have some well traveled bag tags that need replacing...

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up, we are aware that this is an issue currently. You can expect that we will have promotions working again in the near future. Just remember though, that the requirements for a promotion that are thought to be the case are often not accurate with what it actually takes, so I can't say if any individual is missing an upgrade that they should have now. ;)

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm talking about situations where the silver announcement has appeared in their status points, as shown below, but not in the avatar display and the link in the announcement to the award store takes them to a page that says they don't have the permissions:

silver_status.png

MSPeconomist likes this.
  10. flyer_o

flyer_o Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same boat. I got the notification that I was gold status last Friday and haven't seen anything yet. No biggie from my standpoint, since I enjoy being an active poster but just another data point.

Gargoyle and Tim like this.
  11. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Looks like they've fixed it. You're showing gold now, and the two people who I'm aware of who made silver in the past week are now showing their status.

12. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    On another note, I believe the cut off date for "Original Member" recognition is Apr 30, 2011? I haven't seen anyone who registered in May and beyond bearing that title.