ORD Wolfgang Puck Airport Cafe

Discussion in 'ORD/MDW | Chicago Area Airports' started by Gaucho, Oct 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Consider yourselves warned....

What a POS. I cannot understand why Wolfgang would dare have his name associated with such garbage food... yes, Im serious. And please note I didnt go with the "complicated" dishes on the menu, all I wanted to get was an edible burger.

I had a nice chat with the very nice server, a lady from Russia. She said that she has been at this place since they opened, and that all the staff have seen the quality of the ingredients and overall of all the food go down the toilet since they first opened. Her words... the food was one thing the first week we opened, when Herr Puck was here a few times... then, the management changed things and now this is what we "haf".....

Stay away from this place... I wish I had gone instead to one of the fast food places I had a few yards away. Even the Pinot Grillo they offered by the glass wasnt even good for brush cleaning....

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    BTW, this establishment is in the terminal that serves AA, dont remember now which one it was.

3. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Terminal 3. I want to say it is somewhere on the K concourse? Somewhere in my vapor trail as I go to or from Tortas Frontera :D.

edekba and Gaucho like this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will say that Tortas place didnt look too good when I passed by, but after my Wolfgang Fiasco meal, I should have thought better and spent less at this TexMex tortas place..... :rolleyes:

5. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was more at Wolfgang?? My only issue with Tortas Frontera is feeling it is slightly on the high side (but it is inside of security so that always gets a premium :rolleyes:).

Gaucho and edekba like this.
  6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just @ T3 ORD yesterday. I ate @ the Tortas and honestly It was pretty darn good though yes pricey. Sandwhich and drink was $13.00. However seeing the wannaBe Panda is like $8 this is a lot better.

I walked by the WolfGang place and didn't see anything that perked my interest. But good to know that Tortas is the place to eat if you're at T3 @ ORD

Gaucho likes this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.... although perhaps it was the aggressive pricing on the lousy Pinot Griggio..... :mad:

8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why doesnt the airport just get a proper burger place like Fuddruckers..????