ORD sky club expansion

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Gargoyle, Jul 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    A wall in the front area of the ORD sky club has been pushed back 10 feet, creating a new seating area for an additional 20 seats.

This is near the fireplace and the interior agent desk area. More seating was also added in the back bar area. These are pedestal/bar stool type seats with a work counter, facing the windows.

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    And now I'm in the JFK gate 11 club, it has also had a minor remodeling, feels a bit more open and brighter, plus it seems they added a few more seats. But it doesn't look like they added any electric outlets.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. DYKWIA
    Original Member

DYKWIA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did they reduce/remove the meeting rooms? SC's GM told me that is likely going to be the M.O. going forward as a way to reduce overcrowding.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The front meeting room was removed, and a new meeting room section created towards the back part of the center room, on the left as you head to the back room.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  5. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    This can only be good news. I wonder if DL will expand the offerings ex-ORD.

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As mentioned in another thread, they are taking over operation of the codeshare ORD-CDG from AF; this will be the first int'l direct from ORD on DL metal (rather than codeshare KL/AF/AZ/KE).

Maybe they'll make ORD a hub and dump MSP and DTW? (no way- I just say that to wake people up. :D :D )

Davescj likes this.
  7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the metal going to be? I hope not one of the nasty old 763s. If they are going to be flying that route, the seriously need flat seats.