ORD RCC/UCs

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bjdriscoll, Oct 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bjdriscoll

bjdriscoll Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't lived in Chicago for several years, a place I miss every single day. Not being based out of ORD anymore, I was wondering what insight anyone can provide as to which of the RCC/UCs are worth spending time in, as I assume they've all been updated since the last time I was there. Do any of them have nice views, better seating, quieter?

I've been back to the city many times since moving, but I haven't had any long layovers as I'm about to encounter this month. Any assistance as to which RCC/UC is worth the visit, is much appreciated.

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only the b united clubs have been renovated. C and F are still as bad as they always have been

3. bjdriscoll

bjdriscoll Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha! Okay, thank you. I stopped by the club by B18 a few weeks ago after a weekend in town but was just there for a quick drink. While I could tell it was new, it didn't really impress me all that much. I assume that's how the other clubs are as well?

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The other B one has a different decor, but similar services. The C and F ones are just old from having received no real care in 20 years

Sent from my iPad using milepoint

5. bjdriscoll

bjdriscoll Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you; I appreciate the info.

6. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you like views, then the UC at the C concourse is where you want to go. You'll typically see the heavies parked at the gates and you have a nice view of both arrivals and departures (forget what the runways are).

The one by B18 is my second favorite since it is cozy and quiter though no views.

And if you have are at O'Hare, then stopping by Rick Bayless' Tortas Frontera is a must. It is right by B11.

7. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    OP, I haven't lived in Chicago for years either- but I have never missed it even for a day! lol. Maybe you were being sarcastic.

Agree with other posts, C16(?) UC for views and space, and B18 UC is probably nicest. Totally Totally don't miss Bayless Tortas Frontera. Love it. I usually buy some bags of Garrett's popcorn for the road....;)

8. bjdriscoll

bjdriscoll Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was most definitely not being sarcastic. No better city! I miss it every day.

Thanks for the advice on the clubs. I, too, make sure to grab enough Garrett's for the road, though, it rarely makes it to it's destination.

9. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been sinularly disappointed with the ORD clubs for as long as I can remember. The toilets in C18 always smell awful, the club at B6 gets terribly overheated in the afternoon (mind you, so does C18 and the IFL), B18 is just daft - I think they wanted to create a post-modern dungeon based on the IAD concept, and the less said about the F club the better, though the last time I was there I brought a chair in from Chili's to make a point, which while entertained the punters, did not go down well with the dragon.