ORD lounge meet-up question

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by whkento, Jun 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi, folks! I'm hoping you can help me plan.

This summer I'll be traveling CLT-ORD-TVC with my two kids. My wife will be flying NRT-ORD-TVC, the final leg on the same flight as the kids and me. We'd like to meet up in one of the lounges in ORD during our layover, but I am not familiar with the layout. Wifey and I are both OW Sapphire.

Any ideas where we can meet?

Thanks,

whkento

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm going out on a limb and assuming you and your wife's OW Sapphire status is through JL, correct? If so, will you be using your JL accounts on your flights?

ORD has two lounges, the large Admirals Club between Concourses H & K, and a smaller Admirals Club in Concourse G. After a long flight from NRT, I'm guessing your wife will want to shower. In that case, the H/K club is where you'd want to meet up.

whkento likes this.
  3. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are absolutely correct about our status and the fact that we will be using our JAL FF numbers. Thanks for the advice about the showers. I remember now having visited that lounge once a couple of years ago. I don't sleep well on planes, so the shower was so refreshing! Will that lounge be near our outgoing gate?

Also, will the kids and I be granted access if on a domestic itinerary?

4. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry. I realized I can find the gate on my itinerary and look at an ORD map to answer that. Don't want you to think I'm lazy. ;)

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Your flight to TVC should leave from the G concourse, so the H/K lounges aren't really that close. Perhaps a 10 minute walk with children at most. Depending on how much time you have, you can always grab a shower in H/K and then walk over to the Admirals Club in G to be closer to your gate.

You should all be able to access the lounge. Since you're accessing based on status, you are both allowed one guest, so you can each take a child in. Remember that if you are using your JL account on your AA domestic flight, you are allowed lounge access, so you don't have to rely on your wife's flight to get into the lounge. Depending on the age of your children, I doubt you'll have any questions.

whkento likes this.
  6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No worries. 良いたびを. :)

whkento likes this.
  7. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! That is exactly the kind of expert info I was hoping for. My previous access to those lounges was based on C class tickets, previous to m y status attainment.

DestinationDavid likes this.
  8. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also would add that H/K club has a kids room with computers, TV, board games and such. Depending on the age of your children, it might come handy. Speaking from experience.

whkento likes this.
  9. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's great. My kids are 4 and 5 yo, so those play places are priceless.

Thank you for your replies, DestinationDavid and legalalien. Much appreciated! :)

10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I've never seen the H/K AC's play room, but there is also an area set up for children between Terminals 2 and 3. From the AA area it's closest to the G concourse where your flight to TVC will leave, so if you follow the signs near G concourse toward Terminal 2 and walk about 5 minutes, you'll see the area. It's fenced in so you can let the children run around on the equipment while you and wife stand or sit outside and chat. There's things to climb on, etc.

Just another option if you have kids in ORD. :)

whkento and legalalien like this.
  11. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great! It's always nice to have options. Thanks again. :)