ORD Hilton

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by chz2215, Mar 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Feel like I'm on a tour of airport Hilton properties. Last week MSP, this week ORD, next week BWI. This was my first time at the Hilton connected to the airport. Hotel wifi was down for hours last night, which was disappointing. Everything else about my stay was good. Hard to beat being through security 12 minutes after walking out of my room. Great spot if you have an early flight.

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good spot in general.

Both the restaurants are OK.

Meeting rooms are well laid out and lead to excellent productivity.

I used to go from time to time to the IC, however the convenience and good service here have left me pretty much always at the Hilton now.

uggboy likes this.
  3. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The gym is outstanding as well.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  4. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never had a problem at this hotel and in fact, apart from this year, I've been "stuck" at this property overnight at least once a year going back to 2003. Other than the Crowne Plaza at Singapore Airport or the Marriott at Tampa airport, there's nowhere better or more convenient to be stuck or to rest up before an early morning departure.

uggboy, HiIslands and TRAVELSIG like this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point- very similar to the Fairmont at YVR, the Sheraton and Hilton at FRA, and the Novotel at BKK

uggboy likes this.
  6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely a very decent place to stay.

Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport is located in Terminal 2 of O’Hare International Airport, within walking distance to all domestic terminals by underground walkways and international terminal via airport transit.

Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport offers the convenience of an indoor walkway to Chicago Area Transient (CTA) Blue Line, providing easy access to downtown Chicago and Soldier Field, US Cellular Field, United Center and Wrigley Field.

Full Service O’Hare Hotel Offerings:

Fitness Center – 8,000 square feet, including lap pool with Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and massage amenities.

Sports Bar – Simultaneously broadcasting up to 12 games on our 50” HD televisions with digital silent radio broadcast for your own front row seat, Sports Edition Bar is a favorite O’Hare Restaurant.

Gaslight Club – Aged steaks, prime rib, fresh seafood and hearty cocktails.

Andiamo – Contemporary elegance with fresh specialties from around the world.

UPS Store – Onsite, including full service Business Center.

uggboy and HiIslands like this.
  7. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like catching dinner at Andiamo-- they have great pasta dishes!

8. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took the Doubletree shuttle over to Gibsons for dinner. Another option convenient to this hotel.

9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gibsons is a good option to eat at also. Skip the dessert however unless you want to spend a day in the gym- it is so good, and the size of a small car.

uggboy likes this.
  10. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I finished up my 3 week tour of airport Hilton's this morning after 2 nights at the BWI Hilton. Was pleased with the room, nice gym and good restaurant with great happy hour specials. How many full service hotel restaurants can you get shrimp cocktail and a pizza for $12? I will be back next time I'm in Baltimore.