OpenSkies - $499 travel voucher for $99 on Rue La La

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jmrich1432, Aug 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good on travel August 29, 2011 through March 31, 2011. One voucher per person per booking on flights originating in the US.

OpenSkies is British Airways all business class airline. Check out their website to get a feel for fares....

http://www.flyopenskies.com/en/home.html

PM me with your email if you want an invitation to Rue La La!

RichardInSF likes this.
  2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm wondering what the terms are on the voucher

jmrich1432 likes this.
  3. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried copying and pasting the T&C in, but it won't let me. Keeps saying to enter a valid message. :confused:

4. AndyTLe

AndyTLe Silver Member

Status Points:
    PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A FINAL SALE ITEM. NO CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, OR MODIFICATIONS ARE ALLOWED.

Within 24 hours you will receive an e-certificate confirming your purchase of a $499 travel voucher to be used toward a roundtrip OpenSkies business-class flight to Paris, and more information on the redemption process. Limit of one voucher per person, per booking.

Travel is available August 29, 2011 through March 31, 2012. No blackout dates apply.

Flights must depart from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) or Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), arriving at Paris-Orly Airport (ORY). Voucher is valid toward roundtrip tickets departing from U.S. gates only.

Vouchers are valid toward new, roundtrip bookings only; not valid toward other incidental charges such as change fees, upgrade fees, extra baggage fees, pets, etc.

Members may purchase up to two vouchers; limit of one voucher per person, per booking. Vouchers are transferrable but may not be resold or bartered.

E-certificate is valid on OpenSkies fares and flights only. Valid in business class cabins, for Biz Bed and Biz Seats only.

Reservations must be booked by February 26, 2012, and are subject to availability. Members are encouraged to book immediately.

E-certificate will be your partial payment at time of redemption. All remaining costs, including flight taxes, will be due upon redemption.

All passengers must have a passport valid for at least three months beyond intended stay in France.

Please note: Package price excludes all taxes, which must be paid by Member to OpenSkies at time of redemption.

E-certificate may not be combined with other discounts, offers, special or promotional rates, or value-added programs.

E-certificates may not be redeemed for cash, gift cards, or gift certificates in whole or in part.

For questions, or to replace a lost certificate, contact your Rue La La Concierge.

sobore and RichardInSF like this.
  5. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, AndyTLe!!

6. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife misread this offer and thought it was a flight to Paris for $99. Thanks to all you fine folks, I was already well-acquainted with OpenSkies and knew that was way too good to be true and got to deliver the bad news. Guess it's time to crank up the Skypeso calculator and figure out how to get to Paris...

jmrich1432 likes this.
  7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where are you located and when do you want to go? I recently spent some pesos on a trip including Paris, and some gateways had pretty good availability to Paris on AF.

jmrich1432 and travelinmike33 like this.
  8. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Those questions are actually keeping me from booking any big trips at the moment. A possible transfer for my job is making it difficult to make long term plans at the moment. Thanks for the offer though!

jmrich1432 and mattsteg like this.
  9. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just coming off of a similar situation in our household. Certainly understand!

10. thefitworldtraveler
    Original Member

thefitworldtraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone here have an idea what the approximate taxes would be for departing ORY? It's a great deal for $99 assuming the taxes aren't absurd and you can time the dates you want to travel. That's the risk I see with this voucher.

11. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I’m fairly skeptical of a $499 discount when it cannot be used for other offers.

Doesn't openskies have discounts all regularly? Such as the current $715 each way from Washington to Paris?

For example here is the current pricing one-way for Thanksgiving IAD – ORY.
    Biz Seat Value $1,676.60
    Biz Seat Semi-Flex Biz $2,238.60
    Biz Seat Flex $2,738.60

Obviously if this is only valid on the Biz Seat Flex its only helpful if you are able to plan ahead to buy a full priced ticket. My argument is if you can plan ahead to by full priced then usually you could just by a discounted ticket most of the time.

12. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    you can do a trial booking and see, here is the combined taxes for two people IAD to ORY round trip: $685.96