Opening Day - Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Center

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by tom911, Oct 10, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The stars aligned and I arrived in Dublin by ferry from Holyhead today and have a two night booking here. First time I've ever stayed at a property on opening day, so rather happy with that. Had the chance to chat with the GM for a few mins and expect they'll do very well in this location.

For those of you familiar with Dublin, just about a 2-3 min walk up from the GPO and across the intersection from the Parnell Pub. I've stayed up in this area at both Jury's Inn Parnell Square and the Maldron Hotel, but could see moving that business here in the future if prices are competitive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a 5th floor room with a sidestreet view (I look at that as a positive here as I would not want to face all the bus traffic on O'Connell Street).

[​IMG]

More photos here:
    https://tom911.smugmug.com/Hotels/Priority-Club

uggboy likes this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Met the GM in the hallway as I went out to dinner and mentioned the two BBC News channels were not displaying, 10 mins later I was in a new room a few doors down with all TV channels working.

uggboy likes this.
  3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Decent hot breakfast of scrambled eggs, Irish sausage, beans and bacon. Several cereals available in dispensers.

One feature I like is USB ports on either side of the bed, and also pop-up reading lights on either side of the bed that activate just by raising them up. The room also comes with an iron, ironing board, hairdryer and tea maker.

uggboy and Dublin_rfk like this.