Only got 25K using targeted offer for Plat. Bump with referral offer?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by travelinmike33, Apr 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Back in December I applied for the Platinum card using the link posted on The Points Guy's blog saying that you could get 50k points, but that there were rumors it wouldn't be honored. I was approved and hit the minimum spend, but was only credited 25k. I have screenshots showing 50k would be awarded. Given that the promotion is ongoing to be referred by a cardmember for 50k points, what strategy would you recommend to ask for the additional 25k points? Should I just use my screenshots? Should I get a referral link from someone here and ask to get the bonus from that offer? The minimum spend on that offer was $1000 in 3 months, while the new offer is $3000 in 3 months. Not having to hit that target (or so I thought), I spent around $2600 in the first three months so I'm not sure if that will be an issue as well.

2. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call Amex and ask for extra points. Screenshots should do it for you.

3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Trying calling and sending a secure message. If those don't work after a few tries and polite insistence, you might consider sending a letter with copies of all your documentation of the offer to the Amex executive offices.