Only 2 award seats

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by michael21, Jan 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I am looking for Ord-TLV on nov 25th using avios and it says that a flight on AirBerlin only has 2 seats available...What does that mean exactly? If I book those 2, will they not open up anymore? Or do they let go of 2 at a time and once I book those, another one may or will open up?

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    It means there are 2 available award seats. They may or may not open more - it will depend on flight load as the departure date nears and/or their internal policy on award seats.

3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Added to the above they will not open two more seats just beacuase you may might have tken the two avialable.
    Like Mike says above any additional seats released will be much closer to your departure date. I do suggest you make period checks between now and then.

4. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    airberlin, in my admittedly limited experience, only seems to open up 2 at a time in J. Not sure if more open up later or not. It is certainly not immediate if they so.

PS. Booked a NYC to Berlin one way in J. Taxes were £1.50! For a Brit used to BA taxes this was shocking!

5. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didn't think AB had a "real" J?

6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    J. No f.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

7. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're behind the times.

They have some ex-Swiss seats at the moment (sloping lie-flat) as per this video - http://www.airberlin.com/site/landingpages/new_business_class_seats.php?LANG=eng

However, more excitingly, they are rolling out Etihad's J seat now, the first plane with it is now in operation. This is fully flat and very impressive. The planes will be prioritised for the Abu Dhabi routes for now (Etihad has 29% of AB and a codeshare deal) to ensure Etihad connecting pax get the same seat, but should be fleet wide in a year or so.

8. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    That sounds great!

9. HappyFlyer101

HappyFlyer101 New Member

Status Points:
    Any suggestions how to get NYC-TLV-NYC using avios with AB/ IB any other than BA?
    X class