Online Checkin with Lufthansa

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by miloki, May 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. miloki
    Original Member

miloki Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to do online checking on Lufthansa's website for a flight I purchased with Aeroplan miles. I've tried it using my Aeroplan card number and I've tried it with my Lufthansa booking reference. Every time, it says it is unable to locate a valid ticket for me. It gives me a number to call (their online technical support), but they have ridiculously limited office hours (10-6 EST M-F). Has anyone else had trouble doing online checkin for Lufthansa?

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    As discussed on other threads, AE award tickets on LH are often not easily retrievable on LH's res system and must be found using the ticket number. Thus you won't be able to do OLCI. Remember to bring a printout of your AE booking that has the ticket number when you check in, and particularly on your return if the LH flight is your first segment and you are doing it at an LH counter.

Tim O'Brien and sobore like this.
  3. miloki
    Original Member

miloki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for confirming that I'm not insane! I've never had such troubles before (but this is my first AC reward flight). Luckily, I have everything printed out so will bring it all with me. I have to say, I feel oddly unprepared, since I always check in online the day before!

4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. I do have such a flight next week. :)

5. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is an additional question.......would not LH find the reservation using the pax name?

6. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've just had this issue with a couple of LH flights. For some reason this occurs with AE bookings. Agents just cannot see it in a normal fashion and must input the ticket number.

Similarly though, if you book certain codeshares on AC metal but a LH flight number, AC's system won't let you do OLCI even if you have your AE number on file and search it by last name. The res is in the system but it just won't come up for action by AC's system.

STAR's vaunted OLCI isn't quite what it is intended to be.

milchap likes this.
  7. miloki
    Original Member

miloki Silver Member

Status Points:
    You do put your name in, in addition to either your booking number or your AC card number. But the system couldn't find me any way I tried it. I tried both the AC booking reference and the LH booking number too. The system recognized nothing about me, lol.

milchap likes this.
  8. Is your flight operated by an LH regional carrier? I was unable to do the web checkin on an LH/Air Dolomiti operated flight because it was handled by the airport's ground handling service. To make matters worse, not a single LH agent (either at the connections desk or the Senator lounge) could issue the connecting AC boarding pass upon arrival at MUC. So much for seamless Star Alliance connections! :rolleyes:

9. miloki
    Original Member

miloki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Luckily mine were both regular LH flights so at least I didn't have THAT problem.

10. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just checked in yesterday at Saint Petersburg on an LH flight to MUC and then to CLT. It took quite a while to find my reservation. I tried the 014 ticket number but this was of no help.

So much for seemless Star A travel.....:mad:

QSG likes this.
  11. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Trip report !!!!!

12. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Later....

13. charlilo
    Original Member

charlilo Gold Member

Status Points:
    So what should I do? I have a flight from ZRH to MUC with LHR caught inside a YUL-ZRH-MUC-BKK-SGN-HKG trip among other *A partners. Reading this, I have a bad feeling.( Plus I can't open the award trip in my Aeroplan account online, and the last time I could I had two different return flights on two different dates for my last segment from ZRH to YUL, but these are other stories.)