Online check-in oddness

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Travel2Food, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, so I cleared my upgrades for tomorrow's day-trip to DFW (DCA-DFW cleared over the weekend, DFW-DCA cleared yesterday). Seated in row 5 both directions, 738 equipment, with Class X.

Went to check in tonight, and the itinerary page showed "requested" for both upgrades, then noted that I could not be cleared for my upgrades at this time, and offered me the chance to add myself to the airport list. The BPs printed normally (ExPlat/PriorityAAccess), with the row 5 seat assignments and X class printed on the BP.

I don't ever recall it doing that before - it used to say "confirmed" and not offer the airport upgrade list option.

2. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed this as well last week. I'm guessing it's related to the issue with Group incorrectly printing on FIRST BPs.

3. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Maybe, but I haven't had the problem before, and I've take a bunch of flights with upgrades clearing at various times since the ExPlat/First issues started....

4. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually, I had the same situation with my current flights:

Three of the four segments cleared at +100, while the fourth did not. When I went into the record to change the seating on the three segments, I noticed that all four segments were listed as "Requested". (In the past, the upgraded segments would have been updated to read "Confirmed").

I flew the outgoing segments this morning; when I arrived at my hotel, I looked to see if the fourth segment had cleared (it has not, yet); however. all four segments are STILL listed as "Requested"

Bottom line: It's possible that this has nothing specific to do with OLCI (I didn't use OLCI at anytime in the sequences described above).

5. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Status Points:
    More data: i asked at the AC this morning. She showed me as upgraded (X) but also showed me on the airport upgrade list. Glitch somewhere in AA's system. A minute of keyboard work and she cleaned up the record.....

6. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another morsel: When I arrived at the gate this morning, my name showed as #1 on the "Cleared" list - in actuality, I had been upgraded at T-100 :confused: