Onepass.com is now dead :(

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Aug 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Onepass.com - the best URL for getting straight to the mileage earning pages of UA, *A carriers and UA partners is now dead :(

It died during the outage yesterday and is seemingly not going to come back.

RIP Onepass.com. You made it so easy to get to mileage earning info.

-RM

2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    You knew this was going to happen eventually, right? Once they announced that they'd go with United branding, this was inevitable.

3. sdm1130
    Original Member

sdm1130 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never used onepass.com, but it looks like mileageplus.com forwards to the same type of information.

8MiHi and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't know why they'd kill the website, since according to the announcements still being made by CO crews, I'm still earning Onepass miles on flights!:rolleyes: In fact sometimes they don't even mention this thing called "Mileage Plus"

8MiHi, unavaca and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    twa.com and ffb don't exist either.

who cares?

-David

guberif, unavaca, LETTERBOY and 3 others like this.
  6. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of course I knew it would happen. But the PSS merger happened almost 6 months ago and that URL remained live until this week. Not sure why. Just a bummer it's dead.

I had no idea there was a www.mileageplus.com (I wasn't a big UA flyer before the merger). Thanks to the poster who mentioned that one.

-RM

7. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    In case you're feeling possessive today, there's also www.mymileageplus.com. :eek:

TravelerRob likes this.
  8. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course that didn't prevent the purser on my international flight Thursday announcing a special welcome to our Mileage Plus members and our Onepass members

9. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got that a couple of weeks ago, but realized there may still be people who hadn't flown since the transition.

10. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    Years ago, I was despondent when Continental's Travel Bank passed away..... another one bites the dust!!!

8MiHi likes this.
  11. jaws02

jaws02 Active Member

Status Points:
    UA has actually adopted CO's Travel Bank (in fact I still earn credits for it everytime I book online). It's under United.com Club now (although it's still called TravelBank

12. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Grumbles at this oddity:

Current Balance:$10.00
    Available Balance:$5.00

I think it's because my weekend flights haven't fully posted.

13. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    It usually takes a day or two after the last flight on the itinerary posts before the TravelBank credit available adjusts.

desamo likes this.
  14. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I still have my CO/NYA/EAL Travel Bank card with no expiration date on it. I also have my PeopleExpress-Frontier-Britt-PBA Travel Reward card. All of these were folded into OnePass then into MileagePlus. The cool thing with TravelBank then OnePass until 1998 was that we would get upgrade certificates equivalent to RPUs every 10,000 miles. So even when I was only Bronze, I still flew in the front regularly.

pyelder likes this.
  15. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was referring to the original "Travel Bank", which was the first name of Continental's Frequent Flier Program when it was formed back in the early '80s... They reused the term Travel Bank for that bizarre program that asks you to pay money so that they can give you money.... at one point it was free, but since they added the fee, I refused to participate.

16. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was only free the first year as a promotion. But, the fee is so cheap that as long as you buy at least five tickets through the website a year you break even. On your sixth ticket you start making money. Not a bad deal at all; I just wish I could book my work travel through United.com so that I was getting that rebate every week, instead of just on personal tickets a few times a year.

17. DoubleJ
    Original Member

DoubleJ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Though now officially a UA MP Explorer Card, my plastic card still says "Continental Airlines OnePass Plus" and will continue to do so for more than a year. Though bit by bit, the CO/OnePass names are being stricken, this gives me a bit of comfort. ;)