One World Checked Baggage Increased Allowance for Sapphire Dec2014

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by RealtorGuy, Dec 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. RealtorGuy

RealtorGuy Member

Status Points:
    Question: What does this mean if I already get two free bags from SAN-DEL (everyone in Economy gets this regardless of elite status).....so am I to interpret that I would get to carry 15kg more spread into my existing checked bags? Can I check a 3rd bag weighing 15kgs? A third bag of 23kgs? Since I am allowed two free checked bags not to exceed 23kg each I'm not sure if I'm on the "weight" system or the "piece" system....although the "piece" system seems to indicate it only applies when there is one checked bag as the standard allowance. As usual...I'm confused!!

Here is the new One World baggage policy for AA PLAT-OW-Sapphires:
    http://www.oneworld.com/news-information/oneworldnews/-/asset_publisher/QtTQ7EuCzxhd/content/oneworld-adds-more-benefits-for-its-most-frequent-flyers/maximized?redirect=http://www.oneworld.com/news-information/oneworldnews?p_p_id=101_INSTANCE_QtTQ7EuCzxhd&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=2&p_p_col_count=5

As a Sapphire frequent flyer the following special baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines.

• On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system you receive 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy allowance.
    • On international itineraries (including domestic sectors flown as part of international itineraries) using the baggage allowance "piece" system, you will receive a second bag, weighing up to 23 kgs, when the ticketed allowance is one bag.
    • On domestic itineraries only with flights using the baggage allowance "piece" system, you are guaranteed at least one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs, even when the regular ticketed allowance has no free allowance.

Newscience likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    This benefit does not give you a 3rd free bag, but you will always get 2 free bags (international) regardless of the ticket conditions.
    You can also exceed the total weight of your 2 free bags by 15 kg.

Newscience likes this.
  3. RealtorGuy

RealtorGuy Member

Status Points:
    BA actually will allow 2 free bags of 32 kg each which translates to 18 extra kgs.......

Newscience likes this.