One way to Barcelona on Point? Who?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by robertw477, Jan 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. robertw477

robertw477 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any ideas about what airline could be used on a points redemption for a one way to barcelona. Preferably one that transfers from Starwood, or a partner of American or Delta. My parents want to go. Usually they go coach but I would consider maybe finding them business class or similar?

Rob

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    For a o/w ticket, I would say to transfer your SPG to an AA account and redeem it on either AA metal or IB metal via MAD.

It's unfortunate that SPG to UA is 2:1.

uggboy likes this.
  3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why a partner of AA and not AA itself? If they're going off season I think they even discount the award miles! (I recently added a mia-cdg to a sfo=mia b/c it was only 15k miles more -rt! But it was in coach would have been nicer in business)

4. robertw477

robertw477 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct AA would be fine. When is the busy season to go there? Summer?

Robert

5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do u mean for the lower award points? That is Oct -April or May I think - look at their award charts.

6. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    The off peak awards are only for coach awards which is why I didn't say that.

uggboy likes this.
  7. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    There should be good availability on AA for milesaver in the norther hemisphere winter months and it routes via MIA or JFK. Seems to me that the don't open up milesaver unless it's far in advance or close in these days though.